Yamaha DTRE DTR DTX Merge project

hadley8899
This post is 3432 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

By yz and wr if you mean the 4t's more or less the same engine wr more bottom end ,bit heavier and has lighting.,ours have no key or speedo on the older ones,bout 09 they added that crap and a steel tank. And offered the SM's.

The 4t's are reliable IF YOU DO THE SERVICE.lol and that is why you can pick up lots of used bikes cheap,someone finds out it is going to cost them a grand to do the big service and shit's themself.

Buying the bike is the cheap part.tires and chains sprockets,head/base gaskets, rings ,valves springs.That is the shit that will cost you the most.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had heard they use the same motors, Id also heard a rumor about changing the WR's cam timing 1 tooth to give it more power? Could just be a crazy rumour ?

To be honest i cant really find many for sale (WR wise) But i seem to come across alot of DRz400's So i may be heading away from yamaha on this one.

I wont be buying one till around march next year so ive got plenty of hunting around to do in the mean time.

I do really like the WR's. and having rode a yz250f im guessing the WR400 would be very similar just more power and abit more weight.

Ive just had a seach for a TT600re and i couldnt even find one lol,

Nice to see you out enjoying the bike mate! Looks good too!

​Most engines are reliable if you do the maintenance. Personally I'd stick with the smoker as you expect them to be high maitenance so you're not surprised when they go. And the band is very addictive haha! But yeah I don't think you'll go far wrong whatever you choose.