Foster Dad (well sort of)

Noise
This post is 3584 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just become a foster dad................................to a baby Jackdaw.

Poor little git was kicked out his nest and was left for dead. his wings are find and has pleanty of grip in his feet but just refuses to fly.

He's got all his feathers and looks in a great deal of health so i tentivly picked him up expecting to be pecked to death by him and his parents but nothing! no hastle from him folks and he just sat in my arms and had a good look around before purching on my shoulder and thats where he is sitting right now at my office desk (with a few wierd loks from passers by)

gunna take him home and get some meal worms down him and bulk him up ready for when he wants to fly the nest (well......house)

Slightly happy with my new pet :D

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yer i'll try and get some piccies later tonight once i've snuck him past the dog and the wife.

Saying that i have actually called him Daniel :eusa_whistle::biglaugha:

Well done mate, thats you moved up a rung for your next life

Yer but not into the big breasted ones, any more than a hand full then they are hard to control

Here he is in his temporary home

DSC_0687_zps12echocx.jpg

He was just having a stretch there, not broken wing.

Just took took him out on my smoke break and he seams happy as pig in shit

IMG_51899580767426_zpstylodkaj.jpeg

• Like 6

When I was young I had a magpie that fell out of the nest and adopted me, just like yours he sat on my shoulder and thought he was the dogs danglies, that was till he started to shit down my back when he was feed, soon trained him to sit on a wall for feeding, about 3 weeks from now he will dissapear and you will have lost your new mate but feel good about getting him through the tough learning part. :jossun:

• Like 1

Brill. Well done Noise.

i shoot them at weekends they are vermin.. :icon_twisted: magpie and squirrel are also on my list :bunny: and these.

go on noise ,, give us a shot at it.. :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Well its looks like it was short lived as after a night in a warm house and plenty of sleep he is flapping like mad and has done a couple of laps around the warehouse so im going to let him go later on.

Go a nice big bush (insert joke here) round the side of the warehouse that has a hole in the middle (insert next joke) which i will stick him in (inser the last joke) :biglaugha:

A lot of factories have a "bush" round the back and it usually has a "hole" in it, called SLACK ALICE last time I visited !!!!!!!! :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Yer but with a gurt big stick i'll knock em down, jackdaw i'll av' im. dal la la la laaa

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online