stainless bolt kits

mrmetallica
This post is 3610 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for the link DT, really much cheaper than the FJ owners club or even my favourite bolt man, shall be getting the head bolts and stud kit next week for the FJ. :jossun:

ive read about stainless steel not being so strong so might just go for bzp or anodized .

It they don't require a tensile strength rating - like yolk bolts and the like - whats the issue? The original bolts seem to be made of cheese. I go stainless whenever possible because they don't rust. Add a little copperslip on the threads before you use them and they don't stick. Simples.

Thanks for the link DT, really much cheaper than the FJ owners club or even my favourite bolt man, shall be getting the head bolts and stud kit next week for the FJ. :jossun:

Apart for the specific kits, a big bag is always handy. I normally have a bag of assorted nuts, bolts and washers in stainless. Outside I mainly use cross heads but for inside I like allen key heads. As above, copperslip is great on the thread.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online