Don't tell me you haven't done it !

inpar
This post is 3584 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Decided to take my newly acquired Draggy for a spin yesterday, lovely sunny day tra la la.

Stopped for petrol 1.3 miles from home, paid for petrol, sat on bike, ignition, starter button .... nothing !

To cut a very long story short I called the breakdown / recovery ppl after trying to bump it , the first chap came and couldn't start it with a jump and had the wrong vehicle to lift it, so a second vehicle was called for.

In the meantime I decided to text the chap I bought it from to see if he had any ideas .... The 3 magic rules came as the reply

1. Sidestand.

2. Neutral.

3. Kill switch.

I chose number 3 and went home calling myself some wonderfull names. In my defence this is my first bike in many years and I'm also stupid !

It'll never happen again !. :hah:

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had Drewpy trying to bump start me on a garage forecourt once, was very funny as it was a hot day and he had all his gear on, oh how I laughed when I realized how dumb I was (kill switch) and how hot Drew Looked :hyper: and no before you say it, hot wasn't in a sexy way.

• Like 4

Yep i done it, put my 125 back together and went to show it off to my mate who wanted to hear it running, only to find it didn't start so i took the fuel tank off handle bars, fuel pump etc to find the "electrical problem" only to find id knocked the kill switch when i walked around it in the shed. :wank4az:

• Like 1

I had Drewpy trying to bump start me on a garage forecourt once, was very funny as it was a hot day and he had all his gear on, oh how I laughed when I realized how dumb I was (kill switch) and how hot Drew Looked :hyper: and no before you say it, hot wasn't in a sexy way.

the ladies say I'm always hot!

I knocked mine with the tip of the glove and its a horrible butterfly stomach feeling when your miles from home and it's dead.

I'm perfect so I've never done that :jossun:

Or replaced a'knackered' starter solenoid before realising that I'd just run out of petrol...

:eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

Tommy

I did a similar thing back in the day. Had 2 of my pals push me around a car park for about 10 minutes before I spotted the killswitch was off.......Discreetly switched it on before asking them for one more attempt. Poor cnuts were delighted when it fired up almost immediately :whistle::whistle:

• Like 3

Tommy

I did a similar thing back in the day. Had 2 of my pals push me around a car park for about 10 minutes before I spotted the killswitch was off.......Discreetly switched it on before asking them for one more attempt. Poor cnuts were delighted when it fired up almost immediately :whistle::whistle:

Jim" yer a sleeket hoor,, :lipseal: -------- :babyha:

• Like 1

I pulled up outside a mates shop to show him my new bike. Turned the key and nothing not even a light on the dash? After checking wires, ignition switch, and then trying to move the bike I found it was in gear! lifted the lever and on came the neutral light! doh!

I wasn't going to share this but the other night in a packed Tesco car park, after loading half a weeks shopping into my box (much to the surprise of people who didn't believe I'd do it) I proudly started her up, backed out of the space, knocked her into gear and she stalled! Restarted 3 times and 3 times stalled when I put her in gear! That would be no 1 on the 3 magic rule / idiot list then :)

• Like 1

impar, this is nothing, when you say you was on petrol station I was thinking you do what my idiot best friend do ( I don`t say names )... fill up with diesel.

• Like 1

Don't feel too bad. I don't know many bikers who haven't been stumped by at least one of those rules. (And that includes myself).

Yeah been there. That's what make you human and not a robot. :crylaugh:

I thought my tale of woe might have encouraged a few to " fess up ", made me smile.

Blackhat250 ... plonker you say ... nope I didn't use that word for myself ..... though one of the words I did use had 2 of the same letters, they were the P and the R and they were in that order strangely enough !

they were the P and the R and they were in that order strangely enough !

:babyha:

ya have to do it at least once or your not a proper biker ,and anyway it's in the rules so there! :eusa_whistle:

I have done this and it's not nice, also something a little worse... After talking to a girl I knew in the barbers, went got back on my bike (drz400) forgetting I had put the steering lock on (different position on bike), got on the bike as normal, lid on, gloves on..ignition on..right off I go...in abit of a circle to then drop the bike in the slowest ever off going...to only be seen by everyone in the barbers & the female in question...safe to say was abit gutted haha

• Like 1

Last week with my newly purchased XV535 I was confounded when it would stall whenever I put her into gear. I figured out it was the kickstand and felt real dumb. It was the first time I had encountered that feature in a bike so it taught me that I needed to learn more about newer machines.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online