pegs to floorboards conversion??

x-kid
This post is 3561 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've had my Bolt a while now, and have decided i would prefer floorboards to the standard fit pegs. I have been looking into this, and have found a few articles on converting from floorboards to pegs, but, nothing about fitting boards instead of pegs. Can it be done?? are there boards out there that will just bolt on to the standard peg mount? Any advice on this would be really useful.

Thanks

Si

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Si,

i dont think its a bolt on job, i would have to guess that the braket for the floor boards would be different to the on for pegs, see if you can find any thing on E-bay as if all these guys have gone from floor boards to pegs then im sure one of them will be selling the boards etc.

• 1 month later...

I'm actually in the process of doing this but on my XVS 650 custom. I'm a total newbie to the mechanical / custom side of things so hopefully it might help.

I'd imagine the process is fairly similar.

Although I know they vary slightly between the custom and classic, so there could be variations on the XV950r.

First of all my floorboards (from fleabay came with a heel gear change too).

Removing the pegs is pretty straight-forward, couple of bolts at the front end and I'd make sure you have a spare split-pin or two, just in case which is underneath. Putting the boards on is more or less the reverse and swapping over the brake rod and the gear rod.

I experienced one unforeseen issue, I was using classic floorboards on my custom. The ride side (footbrake) fits fine but the left side with the gears doesn't work. On the classic the side stand is mounted further to the rear, so fits smoothly. On the custom the side stand is further forward so clashes with the heel change and prevents you from changing gear. This means either you have to get the drill out and move the side stand back to match the classic (which concerned me - structural integrity and a whole load of work).

So, after a bit of research, I found you can buy these extensions: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-V-Star-650-4-Forward-Control-Extensions-Custom-/251288871917?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a81fbe3ed which brings the boards further forward and in theory clears the side stand... obviously it includes extender rods, bolts and the actually extender plates.

I'll let you know when they arrive.

To be continued...

Ok mate look at the top of the page and you will see that this was 3 months ago so the chance of you getting an answer is near to zero. So best bet is to start a new thread in WORKSHOP section just after you do an "INTRO" in the new members section (hint) we get a lot of one hit wonders on here and so they usually get no response till they say Hi, just imagine asking a bunch of strangers about your bike without at least saying hello before you launched into a Q & A session, Stick around by all means but it's polite to INTRO yourself first. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online