New Member from Canada!

This post is 3600 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

New to the Forum!

Bikes EH!

So it started when i picked up my G/F's Grampapaies old beat to poo DT125 i think its a 72-73?

picked it up off the farm it was just left there leaning againt a barn. it looked bad really bad everything apeared to be broken off and welded back on SEVERAL times in true farmer fasion.

So I get her home to Saskatoon Saskachewan and wouldnt you know it put the charger on it and bang!

fired right up :)

had some fun with it cruised around alleys but the fun wouldnt last.

Bike would died if you hit a bump/puddle/looked at it funny....anyway this "project" never really got off the ground I did pick up a parts bike for $50 looked almost complete but both bikes are just sitting in my tiny garden shed waiting....for years :(

BUT THEN!

I found this baby on kijiji and i had to have it!

Its a 1975 DT125 with a 175 in it, the elderly gentelman i got it from said he rebuilt it with his son as a project but lost interest, so the bikes condiditon is unfifnished but it looks like then did a frame off resoration! at least i thought ...fresh paint on the frame everything nice and clean but has never started it, no fluids nothing , he told me he redid all the bearings (front/back/stearing) and some crank seals gaskets etc.. only thing she's missing is a headlight rear signals rear sprocket and chain.

I decided it was a good bet picking this bike up because this mans garage was completly full to the brime with motors cars bikes all gorgious and in diferent states of restoration.

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor he had this 50's-60's convertable thunderbird in red WOW

so i figured he does this thing for a living (restoring old cars/bikes) and know what hes doing too!

he also gave me another parts bike with a 175 with compression!

so ive got (4) of these babies now !! :eusa_shifty:!!

have a lookie below

20140514_080341_resized_zpsf9358ddc.jpg

parked it in the kitchen because the fork seal started leaking yay!

also tank is rusted out so i started cleaning that out did the vinegear and gravel shake worked well gonna do it again thought

also the throttle was greased and would stay wide open when twisted so i tore that apart and cleaned er up much nicer/safer now but i will probably do that again also.

anyway that me and my bike...bikes

below is my First bike and current daily driver 1982 Kawasaki ltd 440 Belt Drive!

shes my baby and always will be ive had her way before i got into this 2stroke mess

very nice picture of it I know EH!.........

Gotta love mother natures mood swings!

DSC00189_zpse7384710.jpg

thanks for looking

Shad

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome:

Hi Shad, Welcome to the YOC, oh my your gunna fit right in here, 2 strokes are some of these guys wet dreams!! And a proper intro, well done mate. :wavey:

Hi shad " :welcome: yeh the DT"s have a strong following on here, .. thats a good find ,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online