yamaha xt/ybr/ttr 125cc engine oil

martinshaw94
This post is 3632 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all

to start off with my bike is the xt version but uses the same engine in the ybr and ttr

the problem with the engine is that it eats oil (a lot) iv put two bottles worth in over the last 5 weeks

there are no oil leaks what so ever from the engine but black soot accumulating from the exhaust but no horrible obvious smoke coming from the exhaust

just wondering if this is common with this engine or is mine starting to tell me signs that something is wrong

the engine has done about 20,000 miles since iv had it don't know the exact mileage due to dash going (common on xt)

many thanks for reading

martin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye martyn, does it smoke on startup. .[ arter sitting] valve stem seals will be culprit,, look for smoke on startup. and sweet smell.

"not as Sweet as 2stroke tho." :grin: .

hi blackhat

no it doesn't smoke after sitting on start up it just leaves alot of black soot on the back of my number plate

and just noticed there are black drip stains coming out of the end of the muffler and just smells of a burnt charcoaly smell