Cobra exhaust and engine bars for XVS1300 (2007-2013)

Bulldog2
This post is 3495 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have advertised on EBay my Cobra 4" slip on pipe (with HardKore quiet baffle) and my genuine Yamaha engine bars if anyone is interested.

This is for information only not a for sale post. It is for the benefit of like minded custom owners.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You selling/trading the 1300 or just changing parts? If getting rid, what are you thinking of getting (if anything)?

Both those items are great additions to the 1300

The trouble is Clarke that riding my FJR is so good that it exposes the shortcomings of the XVS. Not that I dislike the XVS, it is a great bike and if you forgive the big gap between 1st and 2nd, the gearbox is actually very good. But it isn't the most manoeverable bike (and nor is the FJR in reality). However, the reason I first bought it is that it is low and comfortable and I could go touring on it if needed and that hasn't changed.

The bars have come off because I really haven't liked them since fitted, this is just my personal taste, many others like them. The Cobra I'm afraid is off because I just can't take the noise anymore! It is a really good sound, quite mellow really with the baffle, but on a long day's ride-out (200 miles plus) I've had enough. I couldn't see me going touring over 5 days (just been to the Black Forest on the FJR) as it would kill my ears. Great for town where people hear you coming but not for touring.

Will I replace it; I don't know. If I could find something like an Explorer or even a GS that had a seat height of 800 then maybe but I can't see that happening so I think it will stay with me.

...or you could just get some foam earplugs. That's what I use on long rides and it works fine. You should use them regardless of how loud your pipes are, as just the sound of the wind buffeting your helmet alone, for hours on end, is enough to cause hearing damage.

"...or you could just get some foam earplugs."

True but I already have moulded ones and they weren't enough! and I have a screen. I'm just getting old.

Anyway, the Cobra is now sold along with the engine bars so there is no going back.

• 4 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online