what 600's are around

Guest Tomg
This post is 6611 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

as im turning 17 in may (ages i know but had my bike i have now before this time last year) i have chosen to get another bike instead of a car don't ask wjhy but hey. my dad and brother in law (both bikers) have a crazy idea of me getting a 600 as then i can keep it longer and it will last me. anything more and i think it would be stupid really. also as most 600's are fairly small ish. im used to the weight as my tzr is a very big and weighty machine. have also ridden larger bikes. is it a stupid idea?

i wanted to know what you people thought and any tips really. want to know the field before buying so that i no ive made the right choice and won't regret it.

i like the r6, and the ducati monster are my top 2 at the moment. both really nice bikes and below 2000 models are quite cheap, reliable if you pick the right one and very nice bikes. will also be easyer on the insurance as i will have 1 years no claims as well.

any thoughts are grately welcomed. :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The insurance on an R6 would be enough to fund a small war.

Have you thought about a Hornet or an SV650? Both great bikes, reasonable insurance groups (the SV's only group 9 or something) and they'll last you as long as you need them. The Hornet's also a very cool looking bike.

I'd have mentioned the old Fazer as it's a great bike but it's fecking ugly.

Hi guys belive it or not the Hornet and SV650 are more expensive to insure than an R6. This is because apparently there are insurers that solely insure this bike.

When looking for my insurance the lowest quote I got for an SV was £1200 whereas I'm paying £946 for my R6.

Regards

Robbie

thanks guys. yeah the hornet and sv are really nice i agree my sisters hudsband used to have an sv650s which was very nice. will look up about the fzr600wow thats great news that the r6 is cheaper to insure!!! id love an r6 just need to find out about a ducati monster then i can make my mind up!!! :D:D

Edited by Tomg

Hi guys belive it or not the Hornet and SV650 are more expensive to insure than an R6. This is because apparently there are insurers that solely insure this bike.

When looking for my insurance the lowest quote I got for an SV was £1200 whereas I'm paying £946 for my R6.

Regards

Robbie

What company Robbie? Could be handy in future. ;)

What company Robbie? Could be handy in future. ;)

The insurance company is actually AXA but I got it through MCE. First they gave me a quote on the internet of Over £2k but a girl called Emma rang me back and gave me the much lower quote. Apparently you can also barter with brokers. My mates dad got so much of off his insurance by doing this the broker made no comission :D

Regards

Robbie

The insurance company is actually AXA but I got it through MCE. First they gave me a quote on the internet of Over £2k but a girl called Emma rang me back and gave me the much lower quote. Apparently you can also barter with brokers. My mates dad got so much of off his insurance by doing this the broker made no comission :D

Regards

Robbie

you could always buy one of these, (below) bloody great bike, only selling mine for a new R6 (later in year)

Lads your all forgetting the Thundercat. Classed as a sports tourer, i passed my test when i was 19 after coming back from iraq, i'd only ever ridin a 125 before that. I wanted an r6 but found the insuance to much. I then heard about the thundercat. They go just as well but the insurance is very cheap because there not classed as a full sports bike. Im now 22 and still have mine. Never had any problems done loads of miles due to my job but still keep up with everyone else no problem.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online