XVS 125 Down pipes

Dukilad
This post is 3622 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi good people,

I have a question regarding the down pipes on my bike. The thing is i want to install some slip on exhausts, and after looking at the ststem yesterday to get measurments etc, i noticed the rear pipe behind the heat shield is a lot narrower than the front pipe.

How could i install after market pipes, when there is a noticeable difference in the pipes diametres ?? So to sum up, the front pipe just looks like it could be chopped and a slip on installed, but the rear pipe behind the heat shield is too narrow.

It has got me baffled, if you would excuse the pun, and i would love to hear your good feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Terry.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Get someone to machine up a sleeve for you

• Like 2

Get someone to machine up a sleeve for you

Cheers, That may be an idea. The other thing i was thinking was just de-baffle the existing pipes (any thoughts would be welcome) I am just after a better sound.

Hey duki, how about you ask your neighbours for advice :D

Already done that my mate, what i need is one of them metal hole saws and i can get it done then. Hey thinking about it you are a neighbour generally speaking, so come on i am all ears. :spin2:

Already done that my mate, what i need is one of them metal hole saws and i can get it done then. Hey thinking about it you are a neighbour generally speaking, so come on i am all ears. :spin2:

what do you call a dear with no eyes?

me neither :D

Hey I meant ask your neighbours (the ones next to you) how to make your bike LOUDER ;)

• Like 1

what do you call a dear with no eyes?

me neither :D

Hey I meant ask your neighbours (the ones next to you) how to make your bike LOUDER ;)

Yeah i new what you meant mate, i was being sarky :babyha: they have suggested taking the baffles out, so thats what i`ll do me thinks. I have already drilled first 4 then 6 holes in each pipe, and it does sound a lot better. So i think i will go the whole hog and gut em. :icon_smile:

EDIT: BLIND

right so you want to slap on a set of "universal" end pipe yes? not but the full set of proper after market ones?

If you are going down the cut the pipes and slip on route your best bet is to get a sleeve made up and make sure you can still fit the heat sheld so it looks the same.

as for the buying of after market ones there is no cutting etc involved just un bolt the old and bolt on the new.

• Like 1

There are a few XVS 125's around my area and to be honest they sound better with the standard pipes, the one that has slash cuts on sounds like a bee in a biscuit tin.

:spin2:

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies gents,

I think i will just take out the baffles and see from there, as i said it does sound a lot better since drilling the holes so with the baffles out i should be happy enough.

right so you want to slap on a set of "universal" end pipe yes? not but the full set of proper after market ones?

If you are going down the cut the pipes and slip on route your best bet is to get a sleeve made up and make sure you can still fit the heat sheld so it looks the same.

as for the buying of after market ones there is no cutting etc involved just un bolt the old and bolt on the new.

Hey you have just given me an idea mate, do you know where i could get a full set of pipes from ? That would save me fecking about.

de-baffling may cause performance issues, then might need re-jetting ect ect

That was one of my main concerns, but i am only talking about taking the pea shooter out and most of the people i have spoke to say it should be fine.

sorry i should have already mentioned that fact.

• Like 1

Sorry for late reply, there is a thread on here somewhere that has a link to a place that sell them but can't remember off the top of my head but a remember they where about 300 notes

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online