RD350LC for sale in SA

mcferreira100
This post is 3620 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I can get this bike for ZAR20,000. Its been standing for 20years under a sheet and very original, no rot..no dents..no cracks. Bit of surface rust and motor is locked up from standing. Wat u guys think?

RD350-JeffBay_zps4d5266eb.png

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bout 1111,00 pound sterling.

For around a grand that's a lot of bike, if you have the room and the time to fix it bite his hand off and take it home NOW!!!! If you were in the UK and the bike had stood out for 20 years under a sheet it would be welded to the ground with weeds and covered in rust and the only thing holding it together would be the spiders holding hands. :biglaugha:

Do you think there could be rust in the engine..reboring is ok but what about the crank?

I see Yambits has the parts..even a crank if need be.

Yeh crank will be corroded too, as ports are open , condensation will do the damage,,

TBH bud, it does not look bad at all, must be the dry climate you guys have over there.

my XJ Turbo had been sat for about 12 years and was in far far worse condition than the one in your photo looks to be!, i wouldnt be surprised if it started with a fresh tank of petrol and a new battery.

No Steve, battery makes no difference and the heat/age will have killed the crank seals.

If it actually ran it wouldnt be far.

All the bits are there. Its one of those rarities where it could be fixed up enough to make money, or be a real good base for a custom, partly financed by the existing parts. Or restore it zzzzzzzz, been done..

Well i`ve bought it...will have much questions. Its arriving on Tuesday after a 700km trip down our coastline. Can`t describe the feeling of owning one of these bad boys. Lusted after it as a teenager but have never owned one. Will take out the engine and give to someone that knows what they doing. Maybe get away with a hone and new rings..but we`ll see. WIll post more pics once it arrives.

The bike came from Germany recently where it spent all that time in storage (last ran in 1992), so never registered on our roads. Guy I got it from is a Brit who has his hands full restoring a TZR125...as well as sorting out his current bike`s blown motor...he`s only had it 2 weeks with a plan of restoring it but finances caught up with him. Not going to sleep much until its in my garage.

Some more pics what the guy sent me.

clocks_zps3a219466.jpg

swingarm_zps7054865f.jpg

engine_zps48f74746.jpg

photo1_zps02a0fa70.jpg

Can't fault that can you? Looking forward to your repair thread when it starts, always nice to finally own a bike you wanted as a kid and could not afford, mine would be the Royal Enfield 250 roadster original but SWMBO would need several new frocks and shoes before I could even ask the "can I have?" question. :eusa_think:

Might want to brace yourself on that motor. I know im a cynic but odds are a LC parked at 22k (14000miles is about right for a top end )and not used again was BECAUSE the motor blew.

Any way round that engine will be your biggest bill. 2strokes really are the rule, 'do it once, do it right'. Cheap out on the motor and every penny saved will cost you 10.

Been there, done it.

The rest should be a doddle. Could even be left as is, fixed obviously. Original unrestored bikes are worth the most. Matching numbers and that little beaut will easy return what it costs.

Well it arrived today. No front brakes (can imagine what that brake fluid must be like..if any in there at all). Not sure whether I shud see if it turns over. Some German papers and plenty of keys (don`t know why so many - 6 in all). Pretty rusty tank..in and out. Looking pretty tired but original. Think must get a good battery in there and see if there`s any life in the electrics. Will post some more pics soon.

Squirt some oil down the barrels before you turn it over and leave it to soak for a few hours or you might damage the bores, just saying !!

Well she`s not budging, that`s after previous owner poured penetrating fluid down the plug holes. she must be seized..that`s why it stood so long. So top end overall required..just hoping no problems further down. Throttle jammed..presume the slides are not too happy in the carbs..so will give them a good clean. Need to learn about cooling systems here as well as disc brakes. Coolant reservoir looks empty. Plenty 2stroke in the tank..suppose must replace all fluids.

After 20 pluss years standing your looking at pulling it right down, every consumable and fluid will be rubbish.

The engine will hurt, as said 2strokes arent sealed so after 20 years it 99% will need a crank rebuild as the webs and bearings will have corroded.

Still a total steal, remember in good unrestored and running condition that bike is worth £4k all day long.

Check the fuel tank for holes to mac , a mate painted an old Lc tank , only for it to blister along the seams ,,, :eusa_doh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online