Carburetor help! '75 DT250B

threeputt
This post is 3630 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My '75 DT250B sat for a month or so while I re-did the tank, redkote, etc. Put it all back together and now it bogs down at anything more than half-throttle or so. Starts, idles, and putters around fine, but when I give it a twist, it bogs down and the engine nearly stops. When I let off the throttle, it behaves normally again. I'm hoping I don't need to try and get inside the carburetor (I'm scared I'll screw something up), so before I go that route, I'm hoping for other suggestions. It's fresh fuel, new fuel line, new in-line fuel filter and as far as I know, fuel is flowing from the tank without any obstruction. I'm thinking it's in the carb, but that's why I'm asking. Thank you for any help.

Jeff

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Basic one, but whilst doing the tank work and polishing did you ensure the vent hole on the filler cap has not been blocked

If you've polished the tank with the cap on it can get blocked. If you run the bike and it starts bogging down, open the cap and see if it helps

UPDATE: It is not the carburetor. Had a friend far more knowledgeable than I take a look today. Fuel delivery is fine, no plugged main jet, no plugged anything. No vacuum lock either. We're leaning toward the problem being an electrical gremlin now. Frustrating is the word.

Jeff