Apologies (in advance)

jimmy
This post is 3615 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thank you Bipps, and everyone else. I can only concur with you, not wishing to blow my own trumpet but I left school in 1964 at the age of 15 and have worked in continuous employment since then, in fact this is only my third job.

I am still getting up at 04:30 in the morning but I'm sure I will slowly esculate.

Sorry Jimmy if it seems like I have hi-jacked your thread.

Well done Mike, 50 years of graft, deserve to put your feet and do as you please

I've got 2 years and 8 months to go, can't come soon enough. Works no fun any more, full of targets/KPIs/efficiency/bullshit/blah blah blah, and I cant doing anything without dressing up like Ironman

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry folks but I retired 11 years ago, it's the fear of not knowing what to do that's the worst, get yourself a hobby or do something you enjoy as soon as you can, to many folks just sit and wait for death to come knocking cos they think that nothing they do can compare to going out to work, I have never been so busy, although I am in my garage a lot, when the sun shines I'm to be found out in the Cotswolds with a camera and my bike. You can't beat watching the countryside on a warm sunny day. :jossun:

• Like 2

This was us arriving in Arran for the Rugby 7s, half cut by 11am and then decided to play in a couple of the games. Getting too old for this shit :icon_smile::icon_smile:

003_zps3761cabb.jpg

If you're not goanny be on a bike then this is surely the next best thing, and now it's barbie time

Brilliant photo Jimmy, I know which ones are you and your gorgeous wife but who are the two on the left?

2 of my very good friends mate, and a happy 65th to your good self

Anyway after a weekend of fun food and alcohol, it finally arrived and with it arrived a few goodies for my auld bike

002_zpsa3cabace.jpg

The Johnnie Walker was from one of my boat crew, to cheers to him

• 2 weeks later...

Well to finish of my burthday celebrations, me and 8 mates from the rugby club are flying out to Portugal tomorrow morning. Getting picked up at 0330hrs for the airport so expect to be on the beer by 0415........Yipeeeeeeee.

See you lot on Sunday

Back home, feeling rough, knackered and fat. I have consumed more alcohol and junk food over the last 3 weekends than I would normally have in about 6 months. Added to that I had laid off the running over the same period so must have put on a load of weight (feart to stand on the scales)

Ah well, reality dawns

• Like 1

Mind when you get back on your boat Jimmy, too much weight might think it's another type of "boat"

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online