XT250 Oil level

mcferreira100
This post is 3634 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My window for checking oil has gone opaque. Any ideas how I can be sure level is correct?

Pity they didn`t use a dipstick on this model.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On my Yam the window is on the inside of the clutch cover so the only way you might clean it is to take it off, bit of a faff really as it's only plastic I think, you might be able to clean it with a very fine paste somethig like autosovol or the equivelent. That's the best I can come up with on the spur of the moment anyway. There are some plastic specific cleaning products out there might be best to have a look round before you tackle it or you could make it worse if that's possible!!

Drain old oil, and put in fresh amount, to the manuals spec, most Yams have capacity on case,, :jossun:

It must be replaceable.

Only other option would be drilling the case somewhere discrete then tapping said hole for a set screw( 8mm maybe) of appropriate depth (allowing for a sealing washer).

Just remove to check level.

Yep option #1 change out the window #2 fill with new oil and make a dip stick outa a piece of wire and mark the level yourself #3 as cynic said

i have filled as per spec on the casing. I think changing out the window would be best bet sometime in the future.

Filling by quantity is not an exact science.

You dont know what oil is left after a change, the stated quantity is just that, a nominal figure.

You could be overfull by 10 to 15% very easily.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online