Bigger rims and White wall tyres

FuzzyColliers14
This post is 3638 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I'm looking to put bigger wheels on my dragstar with white wall tyres, but where do I start?? I've tried searching the net for motorcycle rims but I can't seem to find a dedicated site or something sayin "this rim will fit such and such bike"?? Tyres seem easy enough to get a hold of but if I want bigger weeks I'm assuming I have to get bigger rims?

(As u can tell I'm a total novice when it comes to this sort of thing)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well first thing is have you got deep pockets, bigger rims are going to cost £££££££££££££. The over size RIMS (and spokes) on my SR500 cost £400, and then I had to build them myself! And then the tyres didn't fit so new tyres were needed. The chain clearance is good at 13mm with the new tyre, but you will need to watch this and clearance with the swingarm.

You can get plastic sidewall peices that clip in to the rims and you can't tell them from white walls. You'll find them offered for sale with Harley/chopper shite.

2zfu2qa.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online