tyres ?

This post is 3640 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a couple questions.

1. Where can I get them from ?

2. What tyres ?

The bike spends most its life off road. So I was thinking just big knobleys.

They have to be road legal and I dont want to be changing them every couple month's so need to be hard for the daily ride to work . Cheers for the help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

even if it spends just half its time on the road , you should avoid knobblies as they won't last long at all. I had an AC10 on the rear of my bike and that lasted all of about 300-350 miles before the center was pretty much bald (yes it is more powerful then the DT but i can imagine they wont last all that long even on a 125 (especially if you are riding mostly on the road)

I would recommend you get some half 'n' halfs (trail type tyres) . When i get a chance i'll have a look whats on the DR- they are more the road type, rather then full knobblies.

If it genuinely spends most of its life off road see what enduro tyres are to your liking. They are more dirt biased but still work and are legal (tell insurance) on tarmac.

Avoid the big knoblies though they sap massive hp and only work in the nastiest gloop.

ohhh fucking hell, i misread most of it's life off road- for most of it's life on road lol. :eusa_doh:

In that case go for the enduro tyres like cynic said. But if you do ride a fair amount then you will be changing tyres quite often.

The less aggressive the tyre- USUALLY the longer it will last.

Ahh I see went for a good ride out about 100 miles around in woods up a old quarry and the rear tyre let me down just spinning and not doing anything. So if I look for a enduro but not a hugely aggressive one I should be on the right track ?

Yes, enduro tyres are designed like road tyres to work in a lot of different terrain.

MX knoblies are material specific. Sand, mud, etc.

The tyres are pirelli Rally cross 110/80-18 m/c 58p mt 21

They have on the side I noticed for us only :s

In that case, i suspect the only tyres that will offer more off-road grip are something like AC10's (big knobblies, but not necessarily that brand or tyre) which don't last long at all. (assuming the tread on yours is not already excessively worn?)

You have to decide, better offroad grip and less tyre life. or less offroad grip and longer tyre life.

That one in the picture seems pretty aggressive already.

Yeah they are really low. Pretty good on the road now tho pretty crap off oad haha is there a good website to get some off ?

Cheers I will have a look tonight and get one ordered cheers for all the help