Electric car noises!!

DirtyDT
This post is 3644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fark off....!!!

Loud noises do not save lives, given how often someone has almost walked into my VERY loud moving Dragstar (I had the baffles out and you could hear me a good 20 seconds before I arrived)!!

Given the amount of blind pedestrians (half of them wearing Burberry) who have nearly walked right into my moving bike just this month alone, I'd say it's down to the pedestrian to get off their fucking iPhone and watch where the fuck they are going or shut up and pay out when they find a 42 stone bike dropping them to the floor like a sack of shit!!

The companies producing these cars should fit a signal emitter to each of their vehicles and fully fund a receiving warning device scheme for any pedestrians who are *genuinely* blind.

Job done.

Biggest load of twaddle I've read in a while, good thing about my hybrid and it not having any engine noise while I'm running it on the electric motors at less than 25mph, is they can hear me very clearly when I stick my head out of the window and tell them to "get the fook out of the road."

Firstly it's the dailymail....nuff said.

secondly check out the comments

'I nearly got knocked over by one once. The thing that saved me was I decided to look and then I saw it.'

:hah:

I think they should make a noise like a tank then they will keep out of the bloody road or maybe an IPHONE ringtone so they stop to answer it or just maybe they should "LOOK WHERE YOU FUCKING GOING"

There's an idea slice, greensleeves, same as an ice cream van

Maybe they should emit a signal that blocks all phone signals within a 100 meter radius.

• Like 1

Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System?, that's what I have on the Tracker :eusa_whistle:

and it doubles up as an exhaust emission system

Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System?, that's what I have on the Tracker :eusa_whistle:

Aye I've got one of those Drewps, otherwise known as 'the horn'.

Aye I've got one of those Drewps, otherwise known as 'the horn'.

I keep the horn for the ladies ;)

I keep the horn for the ladies ;)

looks like you were years ahead with the playing card & peg on your push bike Drew, so its only a matter of time before their mandatory!

They were mandatory if you owned a Raleigh Chopper, I'll tell ya. Them and Smartie tops.

there was a unit in the 80's which had a wheeled box that sat on the wheel and made bike noises as you rode

Aye we had a simpleton down our street used to make brrum, brrum, brrum, noises on his bike too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online