WR400 - Supermoto Conversion + Engine rebuild

rossonza
This post is 3356 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If your not getting any raise in idle from the Idle screw then ritchen the mix,it comes down to trial and error and you wont realy be able to set it up untill your riding it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ahhhhhhh ok. I did find adjustment was just right on the end of the thread. So it had to be screwed all the way in. So ill try mixtures once I've sealed the exhaust header (getting a custom header to end can welded up).

Update later with pics

Hi guys. not too much to update as im waiting to be paid before ordering the following:

1. Indicators
  2. front and rear brake pads
  3. LED(S) for rear numberplate light - going to use power feed for rear light to spur and light up some custom numberplate lights.
  4. Valves
  5. Chain
  6. Sprockets

Wheels will have to be around July time sadly. Found an OK(ish) pair but no tyres/sprockets and they are miles away.

Anyways, So my dad came over to see me and brought along with him 2x 1.8,meter 70w strip lights.

20140524_202823_zpstadjvepd.jpg

Bearings ready to be removed:

20140525_141731_zpsibgnwqoh.jpg

Sanded the axle as it was caked in mud and surface rust (was a right ball ache to get the rear wheel out:

20140525_141927_zps7zbllnxu.jpg

Old bearing:

20140525_142053_zps7thocdn3.jpg

Old and New bearings:

20140525_142445_zpsxmbwny1o.jpg

Looking much better/cleaner:

20140525_142744_zps22as5y0t.jpg

Back on the ground on 2 wheels:

20140525_141352_zpsro2skbmg.jpg

My friends taken my center stand to weld some extra metal on to raise the height. as you can see we had to use weights to get her off the ground enough to work on the rear.

So, Should have a nice load of Christmas presents coming next week! :-)

Ross.

320mm would be nice, but i dont know the power of the stock brakes yet as shes yet to be ridden.

im trying to find a sprocket to fit the wheels. any ideas?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/POWERITE-808-41-SPROCKET-REAR-Sprockets-Chiaravalli/dp/B008K1A1UU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401709908&sr=8-1&keywords=powerite+808-41

was on it, however it was shagged. and the standard talon dont seem to line up. so may have to re-order. its just difficult getting the correct tooth count.

JTsprockets.co.uk are VERY good.

OR Aracing on eBay are very helpful if you message them they'll help. JT has an online catalogue with lots of info on there

I think if it's lasted 15 years it'll last a few rainy days

its going to be purely a weekend bike, it wont be seeing any rain as far as im planning anyways.

not much to strip/clean/re-paint i suppose.

left to do:

Order and fit rear sprocket to new wheels

Order and fit new chain slider

Order and fit indicators

Order and fit front/rear brake pads

Order and fit new Wiseco valves

Make/fit spacers for front and rear new wheels

Order and fit cheap push bike speedo (temporary) until i order a trailtech vapor

Order and fit switchgear

Order and fit horn

Order and fit some sort of LED numberplate lights (going to wire into the rear light)

Borrow a mirror (for mot)

mot

tax

insure

RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't bother with the indicators or mirrors matey!

Me and my uncle both have full MOT without them (as they are not a legal requirement)

There's a few quid already saved! And if you lay it down you will surely snap an indicator anyways.

:jossun:

Have you double checked you've got it wired in correctly.

Surely it should be, on all the time, switch over to high beam. Maybe you have it setup so it's off all the time, low beam.