WR400 - Supermoto Conversion + Engine rebuild

rossonza
This post is 3378 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went out for a ride with my mate steve on his gasser ec250 down some lanes around bromsgrove/droitwich/worcester. bit arty, but why not?!

Why not indeed matey, excellent looking bike and a great thread to follow

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just a small update;

When i ordered my trailtech vapor dash all seemed ok, I then went to add power to it and the cable was no where to be found. i contacted the company who i bought it from and ive just received my new power cable, not only that it came with a spare one too!!. couldnt ask for better service. they were also very very quick to reply to my ebay messages. So big shout out to Moore Speed Racing - also on ebay Ebay - Moore Speed Racing

On a seperate order ive had my dash battery's arrive too. So tonights task is fit power wire/test it works as it should, put a new battery in the dash and also fit my new samco coolant hosing.

20141210_130729_zpswt5aokdj.jpg

in other news.. currently bidding on a nice exhaust for the bike :-) will update if i win tonight

Well i just won this on the bay, Arrives friday! :dirtbike: Its supposedly crazy loud.. so will have to see the difference between my stock cut down leaky can vs this.

zaust_zps7f1026f6.png

In other news, I've also attached my vapor power cable which works! :-). ran out of time to fit the hosing today, so tomorrow is samco hosing day.

Cheers!

small update,

Dropped the coolant and got the old coolant hoses off.
DSCN0211_zps31f2fc8c.jpg

Old + New
DSCN0214_zps40637965.jpg

New hosing in place with inline water temp sensor for the vapor dash
DSCN0223_zpse6b66042.jpg

The ti end can should be here tomorrow, so ill fit tomorrow and hopefully go for a ride at some point over the weekend, see how she sounds.

Cheers
Ross.

Before: (note tank,panels,seat are all not secured)
DSCN0229_zps3caa7e4d.jpg

Comparison:
20141212_220521_zpsfvuupg7c.jpg

After: (its quite a bit longer than the cut down stubby can)
DSCN0231_zpsbca40c40.jpg

Sundays the day ill hear it for the first time.... ear defenders on standby

Where's the vid....We want to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i did take one. but you just cant make any actual sound out of the video. probably didnt help me filming in the garage with all doors shut..........

I'll get a video soon, idle, rev, flyby etc.

This was a cracking read rossa, I've been saving this build thread for some time waiting to read it in full and i have to say you've done a cracking job on it. Well done and good effort buddy

cheers guys appreciate it! :-)

waiting on my seat cover to come from the states currently. Gone for all black with a gripper cover.

Also looking at crash bungs and an oil catch tank, as me and my friend have been talking about tracking our bikes on a supermoto kart track and you need both to use the track.

I'm going to enjoy the bike for a few months, then look at changing the cams out, fit a better header pipe. Then get her dyno'd. so i know my power figure.

Aye ross " no chance of falling asleep thru first vid,,,the whole 7 secs,, :babyha: ;

Sounds good tho .. :jossun:

• Like 1

Hahha sorry about that, the original video was longer but i slipped on mud and would have looked a fool :P Also i wasnt sure how long my camera records for as the SD card was nearly full. so was in a rush :P

Went out on saturday to Bromsgrove. bike ran great, However randomly its started missing when kept at constant rev's. So i put some good fuel in, same issue. tried adjusting the carb settings, same issue. Bike revs cleanly and accelerates perfect, so im at a loss.

1. going to check grounding of my coil
2. clean/check carb
3. check spark plug and plug gap (i didnt set the gap when it was installed)
4. check jets/replace as per new can install.