the price you pay for riding during the winter

lallasro
This post is 3639 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

few days ago I found my rear brake sized, fortunately the problem was just on the brake pedal. first time I try solve the problem with WD40 and was partially done, but after I get 2 horns in traffic, I was sure the problem is not fully solved and I was thinking my brake light remain on so... garage time, got a complete set of swearing, a incomplete set of wrench and I start dismount the brake... almost broke 2 nuts in my desperate try to unscrew those, at the end I finally unscrew those... nest step.. a f circlip... take in my hands some screwdrivers, in my mouth some swears, lot of pain in my soul and after 30 min I manage to get off this f circlip. at the end I finish the job, fit back the brake pedal, check the brake light and all done. today: brought from halford a professional wrench set 200 pieces, was 300 pounds, I buy them with 150 pounds, lifetime guarantee, and a set of circlip internal-external pliers. maybe is a bit expansive but i`m done with buying tools like this from lidl or aldi.

Photo0437_zps73c7f58b.jpg

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice one mate, always helps if you swear at it, nice set of spanners to, they should keep you going for a few years.

Having the right tool is always helpful (IMO). But a few choice words are usually still on hand. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

the halfords kits are great, and with a lifetime guarantee you cant go wrong, just make sure you dont loose any!.

tbh i think it helps to have some colourful language during mechanical work, helps loosen up all those rust nuts and bolts!

Nothing to do with riding in Winter, mate - That's the price you pay for buying cheap tools and not keeping your Dragstar properly protected against the Winter elements... something I have MUCH experience in, myself!!

Have you checked the brake light switch itself? These often collect crap and seize up so, while your brake pedal may be fine, the switch stays stuck on. My wife's Drag did this all the time!

Also, strip and clean the rear brake drum out - Good to do periodically anyway, but you will likely have a collection of dust and road crap in there that won't be helping things.

Love that, " A complete set of swearing", brilliant.

Haha a complete set of swearing,do you keep notes on wich words do the best job of removing certian parts for future reference,I have found that "come on you f'n POS" works well. Scare tatics work well too Like: If you dont come off I will get a bigger hammer and hit you harder.

good choice to buy some good tools I see so much stuff broken or destroied by people because they have cheap tools that dont fit right.Then once they have totaly screwed it up they bring it to me and ask can you get this appart.

Reminds me of a old Labour rate.

65 per hour,85per hour if you help,105 if you did it first and now I have to fix it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online