Ah shit, Speeding! :(

wild foamy
This post is 3610 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps.
Came back from work last night to find a Notice of Intent to Prosecute from the south wales police on the mat, doing 35 in a 30 (yes yes i know, im worse than Hitler, i kill babies with hammers, I punch nuns in the face and all that other hippy bullcrap).

Ive filled out the S172 and sent it back along with a letter asking for photographic evidence of the vehicle, what device was used to record the speed, proof of calibration e.t.c, is there any other way i can squirm my way out of filling their piggy banks? insurance is a rip off as it is (1300 for Pajero, 1200 for FTO) and i dont want to have to fork out more of my hard earned when renewal time comes around.

Cheers peeps

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was caught speeding Xx mph in a 70 got £30 fine and 3 points insurance didn't go up as they know that every one will get a SP30 at sone point.

I was caught doing 102 in a 70 - court day, 60 points, £350 fine and no extra on insurance :) First time offender!

Unlucky, especially being in a car :shakeno: Although the others are right, it usually doesn't affect insurance (you do need to declare it though!).

I had an SP60 for doing 80-90ish in a 70, got the £60 fine and 3 points but no other penalties. Did have the fun of putting in a formal complaint about the copper who issued it though but that was only because he was an obnoxious arse :eusa_whistle:

I was caught doing 102 in a 70 - court day, 60 points, £350 fine and no extra on insurance :) First time offender!

Elvis I've never heard of anyone getting 60 points! :eusa_doh:

Elvis I've never heard of anyone getting 60 points! :eusa_doh:

you must understand, he was on his primera 2.2 :))

he can get 600 points + combo on his SR

Did you not get offered the speed awareness thingy instead of a fine, it costs about ten pounds more but no points

Unlucky, especially being in a car :shakeno: Although the others are right, it usually doesn't affect insurance (you do need to declare it though!).

I had an SP60 for doing 80-90ish in a 70, got the £60 fine and 3 points but no other penalties. Did have the fun of putting in a formal complaint about the copper who issued it though but that was only because he was an obnoxious arse :eusa_whistle:

You got and SP60? I. Was cough at 94mph in a 70 and only had a SP30! I. Think it all books down to how much of a prick the cop is on the day and how much clunge he or her got the night before.

i got an sp30 for doing 41mph in a 30 zone. speed awareness is at their discretion .

no difference to my insurance though.

you gotta soak it up foams ,

30 = 30 max

50 = 50 max

60 = 60 max

70 = well it isn't fuckin 105mph is it !

About 12 yrs ago I had an SP30 for doing about 83 on m'way and then a yr later had an SP60 for doing about 83 on m'way. From memory an SP30 is for excessive speed, an SP60 is for an undefined speed related offence. I'm sure someone on here will google this or perhaps Jimmy could put me right? For the record I religiously use cruise control set at 1 mph under the limit. My mpg has increased by about 20% because of it!

Also, ditto what Up.yours said :)

Google Pepipoo.

Your request will recieve a load of old fanny about supplying evidence in the event of court etc. Both pepipoo and CAG will tell you what to do.

btw the SP codes are different now (SP50 is motorway).

You got and SP60? I. Was cough at 94mph in a 70 and only had a SP30! I. Think it all books down to how much of a prick the cop is on the day and how much clunge he or her got the night before.

Answer 1 - Tool of the largest proportion. Refused point blank to let me get my documents from the car and gave me a producer instead (had to take time off work to find an open police station!). Told me how many points I was getting and wished me a Happy Xmas :madflame:

Answer 2 - I believe the correct response is, 'None for years. Who'd f*ck him?'

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online