dt125r 2002 rear brake

This post is 3661 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone got a picture of a rear brake in bites ? I can get the bit that holds the pads in to move up and down about 3mm but for some reason it wont slide off so I can get the the dragging piston.

I have taken the bolt from the one slider but theres not a bolt the other side. Just wanted to check before the hammer comes out cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah its out and the brake on the side just cant free it up. Is it one bolt and a slider ? It looks to me to be a slider but its on there hard so seems there's a bolt somewhere.

Yep 1 bolt 1 slider probably just hasn't been off in a while spray some wd 40 under the rubber boot and work it up and down,dont beat it off once you get it moving it will come free

Slip the axel back in to help hold it in place while you free it up.

I have had to admit defeat. Tried heating it up but nothing :( needs a new one and the bit it bolts/slide onto to hold it on the spindle. Anyone got one or know where I can get one from ?

Ah young grasshopper we are not done yet, it will come appart and if only you save the hannger( the part bit it bolts/slide onto to hold it on the spindle.) it will save you some cash

Soak it overnight with some penetrating oil if you have any and go at it again in the morning just working it up and down.

If that fails to do it then drill a hole about 1/8 of a inch in the end of the caliper centered to the slider till you get through the caliper and soak it from that end with oil and warm it up and work it up and down/heat oil /heat oil/heat/

This slider dosent actualy hold the calpier on it just lets it rotate/slide so you can seal the end of the hole you drill after if it is worth saving after. Who know the piston may be seized as well?

I will have ago at drilling a hole in it tomorrow and give that ago put loads of penetrating oil in it for 2 days now haha

O yeah the pistons seized haha thats rock solid aswell. Ohh the joys

Ok if the caliper is junk then just cut the side of it and work it off, drill holes where ever as long as you dont make a big mess of the hanger/slider pin it can be reused.

But first sleep on it and have another go tomorrow it just might start moving.

or if if you have tools to do then drill and tap the hole and install a grease nipple and attach a grease gun and pump it till it is full and heat it up it will pop right off,lots of german crap cars use the same way of holding the caliper on and thats how I get them appart

And lubricate this one, copper slip the slider only a bit mind, you don't want grease all over brakes, you will prob find there's a few places on your bike that could use a bit TLC and lubrication if the rear brake has seized that solid.

Yeah well here's the list of what has been done/being done

New rear brake haha after that I'm going to strip the front and lube that up.

New rev counter cable

New chain and sprockets and lube the back spindle

New seat cover (don't want a wet bum)

New front wheel bearings

New speedo drive

Touch up the paint abit on the frame

New rear pads

The throttle suck sometimes so gave that a lube up so that's working now

Cluch was hard to pull so had the cable off and got that smooth again

New indicators and rear light as that was all not working

Few other little bits and bobs I don't think it's been looked after for a while. But I will do my best with it

Trying to find a caliper and mounting bracket is hard there's not many about !!!!!!!!

Also check and lube your rear suspension linkages and head stock. seen them on ebay and gumtree time to time mate, keep looking.

Yeah better check them tomoz then and yeah going to keep my eye open gutted nearly ready for mot aswell

Managed to find a caliper and bracket. £70 :sigh2: o well it needed it so had to have it really cheers for the help hope this ones alright.

Strip it and clean it before you put it on then you know its good and at that price it better be good

Yeah got new pads so will strip it and lube it. I dont want to buy another in a years time haha

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online