dead battery, dead item?! (Scala Rider battery change)

lallasro
This post is 3663 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

3 weeks ago my scala rider battery die, I try to find another battery to buy but surprise!!! the scala raider batteries can`t be replaced.. hmmm, contact scala raider customer support and the answer was something like we don`t change batteries in europe for our intercomunicators... really? I don`t give a F if you change or not batteries, I want buy a battery where I can found one? the answer was "you can`t found"... hmmm... again.

so, if your battery is dead, you must pay another over 100 pounds for another new and shiny scala raider

I do some search and the only place I can buy this battery, is on the company who produce them... and you can buy just if you want more than 1000 pcs... ok, I like my scala rider but not so much to buy 1000 batteries.

after another search I found on website some forums where the people had the same problems and some find a way to solve this problem... there is on the market an IPOD battery with the same specification you can use to change your scala rider battery so, you need 2 screwdrivers (cross and star)... don`t know what is the name for this 2 kind of screw drivers but I`m sure you know what I speak about, also you need a knife to cut the protective film on the battery and a soldering gun.

the tools Photo0411_zps7c2449d6.jpg

the old battery Photo0412_zpscf2df704.jpg

the new battery Photo0414_zpsd73e9416.jpg

me at work Photo0418_zps36fe841f.jpg

closer view Photo0421_zpsd2a4ae5b.jpg

the prove is workingPhoto0424_zps3b29315f.jpg

so... cost me 6,5 pounds and now I have a better battery than scala raider old battery. the old battery is working 7 hours, this one 10 hours

edit:

i`m going now to send this link to the moron from scala rider customer support who try make me buy another one. :wank4az:

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cracking Work lassy, always a nice feeling when your able to stick your finger up at these money grabbing bastards that sell you crap.

top man,,

your warranty is now void though :eusa_think: yer , like you give a F--K

i have a 14v cordless drill running with an 18v conversion i did myself three years ago , it still works a treat today..

Nice one! :thumb: I'm gonna bookmark this as I've got 3 of them... what's the specs of the battery?

Lithium Polymer Battery3.7 Volts 400 mAh.
The dimesions are 1,9" x 0.75" x 0.16" (49mm x 19mm x 4,5mm)

link seller

the battery I use for my solo is from Ebay, some people say is not fitting but in my solo rider was perfect. you have the link (IPOD) in first post

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online