Highway Hawk kit

GrumGrum
This post is 3697 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys!

Has anyone bought any Highway Hawk kit recently?

I just got my mirrors through and the packaging looks suspect has another "copy" makes brand in it. Shin Yo. as well as stickers. Does anyone know if they work together on this stuff? or they are the same brand?

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got them from Customized Choppers. Com prod paid 28 per mirror I think.

Seen those Shin Yo ones a hell of alot cheaper though lol

The only explanation I can think of is that Shin Yo make the mirrors but also sell them on their brand too??

To say slightly confused is an understatement lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I haven't bought any Highway stuff in years but when i did it always came in a Highway hawk box without Shin Yo all over it. Id confront Customized Chops and say that your not happy they are flogging you Shin Yo items (that are cheeper) as Highway hawk. Looks to me that they are two different makes. Like selling the Kwak ZZR1000 with an R1 sticker on it

Looks like they get someone else to make it cheaper and then stick their sticker on... Email below from motolux or HH

Info Motolux [email protected] (sent by [email protected])

7:46 AM (42 minutes ago)

to me

Good Morning,

You have two stickers, we buy these parts in ourselfs and add the HH sticker to the package.

rgds,

Michael.

Not happy about that I could have got them for half the price had I known lol Im probably not going to be buying any highway hawk stuff again.

Think you have been had, that doesn't sound right, HH stuff I have had as always came in printed packaging, no stickers, sounds like typical Chinese copy stuff to me.

Check the HH site to see if Customized Choppers are part of the dealer network.

Unless they are now sourcing cheap Chinese stuff and sticking a label on, if so I wont be buying anything else from them, I have been bitten by cheap Chinese crap too many times.

Id send them back and get a full refund then buy them from Shin Yo direct and save some money, if the quality is good then miss out the middle man all together (i.e HH)

Yep I've emailed them as one of the allan bolts looked really chewed up saying I wanted to get a refund, explaining about the Shin Yo's exact match. Not had a response yet from 9am this morning. If I don't hear anything I'll send em back recorded and speak to CC company.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online