Security lighting advice

shaun_1990
This post is 3671 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone, sorry to mods if this is in the wrong section,

I am after some advice regarding security lights, there have been a few thefts of bikes around my area & I want to make sure that mine has a deterant if nothing else, I have it on paddoc stands with chains around the wheels & stands, and locks everywhere possible, but I feel a light would also set my mind at ease.

Has anyone fitted any that they would recommend.?

Thanks for any help :)

Shaun

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fitted loads of these things Shaun, not difficult to do and should take no more than an hour or so. Loads of different types out there but if it was me I would buy the cheapest one that comes with a spare bulb, they get hot and can blow the bulb after a few months if they go on and off a lot, one of those PIR things so that it goes on when there is movement should keep the bastards away, some have a camera as well but not sure what your finance is so stick with frightening them off rather than a set of holiday photos.

PS it's your bike taking the holiday !!!!

Aldi are doing security cameras, and I think lighting, at the minute. I was looking at the camera, but not sure if it has a recording facility, will need to pop in the shop

I went through a spate of bike thieves trying to get my bikes like you I have chains galore but still they came back time and time again but I now have three security lights one of which is aimed at my bedroom window the others positioned to blind them,a week after fitting them they came back not only did they get a surprise but it woke me up alerting me to the fact the scum were back,one of them was known to me and had a visit from the police they have never been back so yeh I can recommend them good luck Shaun oh and fit them high enough so they can't cover the sensor

I would also weld them fixed.

some scum stole my shed contents and all they did was prop up the light so it points skywards!

good idea about one in the bedroom, although make sure that the cats don't always set it off!

Aldi are doing security cameras, and I think lighting, at the minute. I was looking at the camera, but not sure if it has a recording facility, will need to pop in the shop

the camera you saw on aldi is a IP camera, you connect this camera on the internet and you can see from everywhere via web what happening where your camera is fitted. you can buy a security camera with all stuff from maplin, 4 cameras+ the "machine", 230 pounds. night vision, video or computer recording, motion sensor, etc... is a complete system and is worth the money. the brand is Swann... of course you can buy a pack with just one or two cameras but the price is almost the same

Thanks for all the replies, I am getting myself down to b&q this weekend, should be up by sat I hope.

Was contemplating an alarm also but going to go for chains & if I can fit a ground anchor or two also :)

Shaun

Hi ya, if its your pride and joy its well worth the investment as i mean i have 4 recording cameras 24/7 3 lights outside 1 alsation and locked gate at side of house then shed locked and bike locked with disc lock and chan and lock and to finish off it has a meta 357t v2 on the bike.maybe a little over the top but hey i really dont want it nicked as to much hassle claiming. cheers, gsx 1250 fa st.

Yeah I do want it protected, I've got locks everywhere at the moment and lights will be up soon, then shall see where from there haha.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online