RADIATOR FAN NOT COMING ON

hippyracer
This post is 3672 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Again Guys

I've got a problem with my XJ6N's cooling system. I was on my way to work yesterday and got caught in a bit of traffic when I noticed the fan did not kick in when my bike hits 100 degrees. Once I got to work, I checked the fuse and found that it had blown, I replaced and let bike warn up in the hope fan would come on but it didn't. Any help will be much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check to see if anything is jammed in the fan,and that it turns freely.

Blown fuses generaly means the device on the other end is knackered and pulling to many amps you can un plug the fan and feed it 12v direct to check it.

O ya put a fuse of the right amp in line

If it dosent blow the fuse then your ground is bad,or the power feed wire is rubed through to ground on the frame some where if the fuse keeps blowing.

You can also jump the temp sensor for fan control and the fan should run constant

PS you have to un plug and feed power and ground to the fan dosent matter wich way you hook it up it just might turn the wrong way but you will know if it works

Ya the fan control temp sensor un plug it then the fan will run constant or need to be jumped not exactly sure with your bike

thanks for advice dt502001 much appreciated.

No problem just finnish the thread so the next person who has this problem has a starting point to work from

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online