Xj600 pre diversion 1991

Biker-chef
This post is 3697 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im not very mechanically minded if its broken it goes the garage,

My question is i have a lovely xj600 i looking to improve its performance and up grade some parts on it your help and advice would be greatly appreciated many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got a pre Divi XJ600 myself. Interested to see if there are any replies on this.

I have been told that Triumph Brake Callipers are a straight swap but not sure which ones. That would improve the braking.

There are a few things that you can get to sort out performance etc some are cheep and easy to fit some are expensive and easy or hard to fit.

First thing i would do is change the sprokets and chain. you can do a set up for either acceleration which will decrese your top speed or do a set up for top speed but loose acceleration. nice and cheep and will take about half a day to do.

Next you can fit an aftermarket exhaust expensive but easy to fit if the bolts aren't too rusty. and also fit a K&N air filter these two mods will help the engine breathe better thus giving a bit of a performance boost (might be 1-2hp)

Next a power commander, quite pricey but will give you the chance to get her running at top performance but you will need to get her on a rolling road with a mechanic to set it all up all in all you with all those mods and a good Dyna run you could gain 5-10hp with just those mods plus better top end speed or acceleration depending on what sproket set up you go for.

BHP figures i've given could be complete tosh so take with a pinch of salt. :eusa_shifty:

I would have thought, gas flowed head, skimmed to raise compression, slotted cams, beehive valve springs, race exhaust, FCR carbs, dyno jet, about 30 hours on dyno to dial it all in.

that's about 1.5k's worth there, want to go further?

Be easier to sell & buy something with the performance you want in the 1st place......

Thanks for help ive booked it in for the carbs to cleaned and ill take it from there

Keep it well maintained and give it a good service, thats about the easiest way to get the most from your pre-div.

the motad Neta exhausts are shit so make sure it isnt leaking around the collector box, make sure your carbs arent leaking, air filter is clean.

as for braking, i personally thought there was nothing wrong with the XJs brakes, fit stainless braided hoses (about £40 on freabay) and this drastically helps.

Its is superb at what it is. That engine is a real world gem. Fast? er no. Well not compared to sports bikes. When you compare it to the 2cyl opposition like the gs. Its fast.

Good service then get some rider training so you get the best from the bike.

As wild foamy says. Fitting braided hoses to the brakes helps. Im keeping standard callipers with mine but have HEL braided lines to go on when I get to that point.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online