ybr 125

Pinkbikerbabe
This post is 2239 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I own a 2012 ybr 125, I can't get it on it's centre stand I have tried and failed several times. I was wondering if it was possible to get a paddock stand to fit the rear off the bike, to make life easier when it comes to wheel cleaning and oiling my chain and other tasks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Centre stands are all down to technique and confidence. I use exactly the same technique on my Tiger as I did with my YBR...

- Left hand on l/s handlebar

- Right hand on l/s pillion grab rail (or whatever you can get your hand on)

- Right foot on centre stand arm, gently push it down and make sure both feet of the stand are on the ground (important). In terms of building up confidence, at this point the bike is pretty stable.

- The key is to use your weight, for me I stand fully on my right leg (which is on the centre stand arm). My left leg just off the ground.

- Whilst doing this my left arm is there to pull the bike backwards if needed (not up to the sky, but towards you). My right arm is there to pull the back of the bike upwards (towards the sky).

Practice a few times and it'll be easy, especially on the YBR. In fact it's useful to know how as my side stand failed once so it was my only means of leaving the bike unattended!

Overall the process should be smooth (made possible by ensuring the centre stand has full contact with the ground to begin with, and by using your body weight - not brute force).

Finally, don't panic once you stand solely on the centre stand arm and the bike doesn't pop up immediately - it will! It's not a balancing act at this point (although it feels like it), trust that the bike won't topple over unless you do something silly.

I have tried hundreds off times and I am fed up trying all I get for my efforts is ripped muscles in my back. Which is one of the reasons why I prefer paddock stands but I am having a mare of a time trying to find something to fit the rear off my bike as it's to little. I should off bought the cbr 125 as it's got a wider rear end but when I went to sit on one as I am to little I couldn't touch the floor.

I have tried hundreds off times and I am fed up trying all I get for my efforts is ripped muscles in my back. Which is one of the reasons why I prefer paddock stands but I am having a mare of a time trying to find something to fit the rear off my bike as it's to little. I should off bought the cbr 125 as it's got a wider rear end but when I went to sit on one as I am to little I couldn't touch the floor.

so you've tried hundreds of times, now try pressing down hard with your foot on the stand and keep a straight back . If you;re not prepared to listen and try out good advice good luck with your search

Everything that has been said on here I have tried with out fail, I have had my best friend travel all the way up from kent before now to show me how to do it followed what he showed me and I still can't get the bike on it's stand.

Hi. I had this problem when I first got my xj6. So I went onto you tube and watched a video of a guy putting his bike on the centre stand. Realised I was doing it all wrong, corrected myself and now it's no problem. It is down to technique, mainly using your body weight on your right leg. Don't trust the side stand too much, far too easy for somebody to push your bike over when parked!!

I have watched videos as well and they didn't help. Tho in saying that I went out to wash the muck off my bike on Wednesday and with some quiet muttering under my breath and some brut force and ignorance so to speak I managed to get the bike on its centre stand. But after having a word with a good friend off mine he has been able to modify one off my paddock stands for me so it fits the rear off my bike nicely.

Hi

Just a thought, if you really want to use the centre stand and you find the bike too hard/heavy to lift using the best methods, you could buy a second hand centre stand from a breakers and get a local welders to add a longer lever to it making it easier to lift the bike, I have seen on on ebay recently and I should think fairly adept welder could extend the lever at a reasonable cost, he/she would just have to see the original stand on the bike to ensure the longer lever would not catch anywhere,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-YBR-YBR125-2007-STANDARD-FIT-CENTRE-STAND-GOOD-SOLID-CONDITION-/281103583930

Just keep praticeing it will get easier,I have a friend and he is a fly weight at100lbs and he can get his 1100 up on the stand.

Do as people here have said but try to do it in 1 smooth motion.There will come a day when you have no choice but to use the center stand.It's not strength or weight,you shouldn't be using your back so much as your leg does most of the work .

Nayruf has a good point about extending the lift arm but once you master the way to do it ,it is easy,for now just get a length of old used pipe and slip it over the lever then practice once you get the hang of it you will be able to do it without the pipe.

You can't take your padoc stand with you,spend a day doing it and you will get it.

Hey

I went for a free ride in December and I found it extremely difficult to get the CG125 on and off its centre stand. Bought a YBR since then and got a bit of practice in. Went to do my CBT last month and using the centre stand was probably the easiest part of it. You'll get the hang of it :thumb:

Oh yeah and I'm not the biggest and most muscly of men (5"9, 10st, 19 Y/O), it's all to do with how you put your body weight into it, not how much strength you have. :)

Edited by Trooper

I will be glad when I get my test passed and get my gixxer 750 no centre stands to worry about and paddocks are easier to get.

I will be glad when I get my test passed and get my gixxer 750 no centre stands to worry about and paddocks are easier to get.

Kind of with the others on this, practice does make it easier. I still struggle even now (i'm tall but skinny) but I can do it. As people are saying, the technique is everything. Once you've got it right a couple of times, you will always be able to do it.

Mind you, I only used to put my VFR750 on the centre stand when it it was parallel to the wall as I nearly dropped it a couple of times. In my defence, it was bloody heavy! :blush:

Kind of with the others on this, practice does make it easier. I still struggle even now (i'm tall but skinny) but I can do it. As people are saying, the technique is everything. Once you've got it right a couple of times, you will always be able to do it.

Mind you, I only used to put my VFR750 on the centre stand when it it was parallel to the wall as I nearly dropped it a couple of times. In my defence, it was bloody heavy! :blush:

Depending on your VFR variant Katie, you're looking at at least 20kg heavier than my Tiger - ouch! Definitely technique - some guys on the Tiger forum struggle with that bike on the centre stand and they are 6 foot blokes...

Depending on your VFR variant Katie, you're looking at at least 20kg heavier than my Tiger - ouch! Definitely technique - some guys on the Tiger forum struggle with that bike on the centre stand and they are 6 foot blokes...

Think it came up around the 240kg when fuelled. Doesn't sound horrendous now but I had some very entertaining moments with it, including one time when I got stuck doing a multi-point turn in a narrow road and failed to notice how steep the camber was to the kerb. Spent 20 minutes trying to wheel the bike back 5mm at a time. Release brake, heave backwards, grab brake. Repeat until sweating glowing, snotty (optional) and crying and bike is finally back where you can go forward!!! :grin:

So Mandy, the message is, don't give up. It all gets better as you go along! :rah:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 04/03/2014 at 1:13 AM, Pinkbikerbabe said:

I own a 2012 ybr 125, I can't get it on it's centre stand I have tried and failed several times. I was wondering if it was possible to get a paddock stand to fit the rear off the bike, to make life easier when it comes to wheel cleaning and oiling my chain and other tasks.

I know I am a few years late, but I came across this post when I was also frustrated that I couldn’t get my Yamaha YBR 125 up onto the centrestand. After watching numerous videos I still couldn’t do it. I was relieved to see I wasn’t the only person with this issue. However, after stumbling across someone’s amazing tip online, I can now do it!! All I had to do was use the pillion foot peg with my right hand to lift up, left hand on left handlebar and ALL my weight on the centre stand... and voila! Up he went! No strength needed, just technique as everyone has been saying all along. Never been so happy. 

I didn’t need to know how to do it for my CBT, but chances are I will for my test in the spring. Phew!

And I thought my ST1300 was a bit of a pig to get on the centre stand.... :-)

On 26/03/2014 at 10:37 PM, Atters247 said:

Just a quick question, how have you managed to pass your CBT without getting bike onto centre stand? It's a key part from what I remember :eusa_think:

Did my CBT on a YBR 125 in January 2018 no mention of the centre stand at all.

But my YBR is a Twat to get on its centre stand

This post is 2239 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.