Aw bummer

mailee
This post is 3681 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had a really good ride out today starting with a breakfast at a local bikers cafe and visiting a friends home. Got back home and gave the bike a good clean only to find a large nail in the front tyre! bummer! Curiosity got the better of me and I pulled it out....it had gone through! Still I suppose I was lucky it didn't happen on the road. Guess I will now have to take the wheel off and get it fixed.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Join the club mailee, I think most of us has experienced a nail in the tyre. Mine was when I was going home from work but picked up a screw from a chippy at work who was replacing a door and chucked an old screw down in front of my bike. It turned out to be a slow puncture so when I got about 2 miles from home I had to push the bike all the way after that. And it's not easy pushing a bike with a flat front tyre.

Like most of us, been there done that. Pain in the arse, especially if the tyre has plenty of tread left.

Well it looks like I might end up with a new tyre as this one is getting low now. I am browsing for a good cheap price now. Got the Avon cobra on it at the moment so may get another...if the price is right.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online