injection or carb balanced?

wallywant xj6s
This post is 3704 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, dos an injection model bike still need to have the injections balanced like the carbs do on an older bike? as my gsx 1250 fa st 2010 model. may be running slightly rough as when i rev the engine up their seems to be a lot of viabration coming though to the fronf fairing some how unless its how it should be? cheers all who answer...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You still need the throttle bodies balanced unless the system is clever enough to self sort. Depends if its fully fly by wire or just injected.

Could just as easily be a spark plug, hell sure you havent some loose fairing bolts.

Live with it it's normal at cretian rev's,but do check to see you haven't any loose bolts.On the 2001 and up1200 gsxfs they removed the center lower motor mounts to help with vibes.I know cause I went up one side and down the other with my dealer about why my bike didnt get PDI properly and they were missing.I have the factory poster ( got it in the deal )and it had them,but after suzuki CA called me and reasured me that they infact did not ship the bike with them because they caused more vibration in the farring.The 1250 I rode last year was the same.

Thank you all,i can live with it as its not that bad but just at certain revs but love the bike as looking to due more touring this year hence why i got rid of the yamaha xj6s for a bigger machine with the luggage, many thanks again.

GSX 1250 FA ST.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online