Rd r r - the tale of 3 RD400's - More of a saga than a project.

DirtyDT
This post is 3268 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Looking Good mate, what size is the big one- 17' x 10'?

I don't know what the weather is like in Micronesia but I would go for insulation, warm(er) in winter, cool in summer and will help cut out any condensation which feeds the dreaded rust worm

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looking Good mate, what size is the big one- 17' x 10'?

I don't know what the weather is like in Micronesia but I would go for insulation, warm(er) in winter, cool in summer and will help cut out any condensation which feeds the dreaded rust worm

Cheers Jimmy. 16 x 10 and 8 x 6 are the sizes.

Micronesia is sunny and about 20 degrees at the moment. I will price up some insulation but I am running out of T shirt money :eusa_whistle:

No issues there numan, get foamy to start another T shirt thread then lose interest, you then take over and pop a few 'designs' on the forum watch every cnut argue for 3 or 4 months before finally settling on one then your money comes pouring in :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Surely there must be quicker ways to getting your insulation

No issues there numan, get foamy to start another T shirt thread then lose interest, you then take over and pop a few 'designs' on the forum watch every cnut argue for 3 or 4 months before finally settling on one then your money comes pouring in :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Surely there must be quicker ways to getting your insulation

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are quicker ways but I don't find Big Kev (up.yours) attractive :shakeno:

Quick numan, delete that, we don't want this thread going down that route

Quick numan, delete that, we don't want this thread going down that route

I crossed it out in the earlier post so lets hope no one notices :eusa_doh:

• Like 1

Quick update.

Work is progressing. The Sparks who was going to wire the workshop tomorrow came today to put a new consumer unit (fuse board) in the house. While he was here he did the workshop too to save coming back tomorrow. All of the tiles brought, are laid (more about that later :eusa_doh:) and a few bits going in.

largeshed3.JPG

The workbench is wobbly as I need 2x 17mm spanners to put it together but they are out of reach at the moment.

largeshed4.JPG

..... now back to the flooring. 49 tiles down (I messed 1 up) however...................................................

largeshed5.JPG

..........................................I am 11 short! What a plonker :shakeno:

• Like 1

Jammy, f.in, lucky, canny .

Oh thats brill. Obviously not my thing. Cramped damp draughty garage is far better.

Better sign off.

Lucky, btrd, want, bloody git,

Bye now take care.....

• Like 1

Er thanks - I think. You could always leave your TDR here over the summer provided you don't check the mileage before you drop it off. I will take very good care of it :eusa_whistle:

Shortfall of tiles ordered. How it looks today

largeshed6.JPG

Very nice mate. Are you putting in more power points, maybe for beer fridge, security camera, music box away from the work area.

Oh can you post a link to the floor tiles mate

So far this thread has been about getting a workshop ready to sort the bikes out. I have almost finished this so I will start to move over to the bikes.

First on the list is RD400 -1. As well as tackling the advisories from the MOT and the 2 stroke oil leak I have decided to do a little more work on it. Most of the parts I need have arrived and the bits I will do - with piccies of course - are:

Change the wheels to the new ones I have (new bearings and seals) - this ticks off the rear tyre perishing and the front rim being a little out of true from the MOT advisories.

Change the fork seals - advisory.

Change the steering head bearings - advisory.

Find out which 2 stroke oil pipe has split and replace all of the 2 stroke oil lines. Lots of Gunk will be needed here as the hole of the bottom of the bike is coated in the stuff.

While I am cleaning the oil off I will whip off the swingarm and change the bushes.

I have also decided to replace the rubber carb inlets and airbox tubes, brake pads, fuel lines and give the bike a service.

At the moment I am undecided as to changing the reeds, painting the cylinders and getting the brake cylinders and calipers restored. The bike needs to be rideable for the RD rally in June.

Very nice mate. Are you putting in more power points, maybe for beer fridge, security camera, music box away from the work area.

Oh can you post a link to the floor tiles mate

Hahaha. I rarely drink anymore so a beer fridge would be a waste. The better half said I should get a kettle and a radio - they are possibles. Security wise I might get the stepkids to sleep in it. I haven't mentioned it yet. I have a fire extinguisher to go in it and that is about it.

Tiles wise, have a look here LINKY They are a bugger on your knees but I am really impressed with them. They come in different colours and either checker or penny designs, from different suppliers I think. I went for checker. They reckon they can be cut with a sharp knife but a stanley with a new blade was a struggle so I used a fine tooth saw. They are quite thick.

• Like 1

You need a bike lift now ,or even just a big bench to roll the bikes up on.

That "shed" is almost as big as my garage nice job :thumb: I take it that it was a perfab,did it come in sections or just a pile of pre cut wood?

Er thanks - I think. You could always leave your TDR here over the summer provided you don't check the mileage before you drop it off. I will take very good care of it :eusa_whistle:

Shortfall of tiles ordered. How it looks today

largeshed6.JPG

What like Ferris Bulers day off, nah.

I sometimes wonder about a 400 till I get back on the TDR.

Loving that shed, the wife would let me but I just dont have the cash.

It was sections. 2 each side, 1 each front and back and 4 bits for the roof.

My bike lift is under the YA-6 at the moment. I don't want a full length lift as I would like to be able to rotate the bike, once up.

lineup1.JPG

What like Ferris Bulers day off, nah.

Oh yessssss :thumb:

I sometimes wonder about a 400 till I get back on the TDR.

Loving that shed, the wife would let me but I just dont have the cash.

You can have a ride around on mine at Squires if you want.

It has eaten a few quid to get it to this stage.

I thought you must have gotten it in sections for how fast you put them sheds up,.

I haven't done it but have thought about it,take a rear axel from a FWD car and cut the spindel off weld a large plate to it and bolt it to the floor and make the whole bench rotate,that way you can drive in and out. Come on do it and make everyone super jellouse.

The stand you have now works for lifting a frame but i have the same one and it is fn usless for anything with pipes that hang below the frame.

I thought you must have gotten it in sections for how fast you put them sheds up,.

I haven't done it but have thought about it,take a rear axel from a FWD car and cut the spindel off weld a large plate to it and bolt it to the floor and make the whole bench rotate,that way you can drive in and out. Come on do it and make everyone super jellouse.

The stand you have now works for lifting a frame but i have the same one and it is fn usless for anything with pipes that hang below the frame.

A railway turntable would do it. I better get the angle grinder out :lol:

I have an Abba stand for the FZ - LINKY. The RD's and TS have tube frames at the bottom and a couple of 4x4 wooden blocks work a treat with the stand. The YA-6 I can lift up and almost turn over like a pushbike.