New project

This post is 3676 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome:

Hi Tony welcome to the YOC, lots of guys on here who know about your bike so ask your questions and get out your cheque book cos parts for older bikes can be expensive or even impossible to find, wish you luck with your resto.

Hi thanks for the comments, the bike is a total wreck, will post some pics shortly, I have just completed a Honda CB750 four project, which was just boxes of parts and converted it into a CR 750 four racing bike, a build of 3 years, prior to that I built a AC Cobra kit car, but prefer the bikes.

ok I have tried to download from photobucket, but it wont download pics, I have got picture off photobucket pressed link,, pressed copy, pressed image icon, pasted URL, pressed OK, but nothing happens. I have tried it on Direct, and on IMG, but same outcome.

I lifted the engine out today, intending to start the strip down. but on removing the covers found that the drive side crankcase has suffered a bit of damage, above and below the final drive sprocket. the engine number is 1A2-202835, on reading other posts I believe this to be a D model, although the frame is numbered 1A2-005412 which I believe is a 1976 C model, now what I want to do is buy another set of crankcases, but will I have to buy another set of D model cases, or, will a set of C cases be ok,what I am getting at is, will my internals from the D cases fit into a set of C cases without giving me any problems. as there are a set on ebay at the moment, which look ok.

Cant help you with the case question they guys ove at rdac could though.

I must say you do like a chalenge not much to work with there ,I can see you spending a long dollar to get that back road worthy

You need to start a new thread in the project section if this is going to get tecnical.

C & D bottom ends will be the same. I have an almost complete C/D 250 engine. Well it is complete but I may may need some bits off it.

I'm not going to split the engine, just possibly take off the genny and covers.

As previously mentioned, pop over to the AircooledRDClub. Lots of good info on there and many members sell parts. A few of us on here are on there as well. LINKY

I'm not going to split the engine, just possibly take off the genny and covers.

As previously mentioned, pop over to the AircooledRDClub. Lots of good info on there and many members sell parts. A few of us on here are on there as well. LINKY

Hahaha shouldn't that be in the for sale section Dirty DT,picky picky.

All joking aside really start a thread on your project should be intresting to see how that rusted old popcorn maker turns out,lots of us love to watch em old bikes come back to life and yours should be a long build.Also some of the less experienced members get to learn along the way

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online