Punctuation.

Cynic
This post is 3706 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

How are we supposed to help people when they can barely write. It is getting so common now, no capitals, nothing. Maybe a ? here and there.

I may well be turning into? ok maybe already. A grumpy ol bastard at times but how hard is writing.

As for the idiots that write 'in text'. If they want help they should write proper.

Better now.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

R U alrite, sound like u b gettin mad bro. U not feelin da luv. :eusa_whistle:

i know what you mean mate, it bugs the shit out of me too. All this LOL and PMSL or IIRC etc etc. yes granted when it cost you 10p per text messag and you wanted to say a lot then i could sort of see the point in making words shorter but in reality if they really wanted to say so much well why not just phone them?

Ok im think as shit when it comes to reading and writting but i still know how to write (sort of) but some people do it all the time and play the dyslexic card far too much, yes your dyslexic but how about try to speak / write properly you window licking love muck slinger.

User name says it all noisy" Ees no richt in da heed, :icon_mrgreen: ,,, I know what you mean jase mate, one sentence runs into another,

The word "too" is used in wrong sense a lot,

Now go get more medication,,, :ambulance:

i know what you mean mate, it bugs the shit out of me too. All this LOL and PMSL or IIRC etc etc. yes granted when it cost you 10p per text messagaand you wanted to say a lot then i could sort of see the point in making words shorter but in reality if they really wanted to say so much well why not just phone them?

Ok im think as shit when it comes to reading and writting but i still know how to write (sort of) but some people do it all the time and play the dyslexic card far too much, yes your dyslexic but how about try to speak / write properly you window licking love muck slinger.

Dont get me started on the dimwits pulling the dyslexic card. My daughter is dyslexic, she is a straight A student, (unlike her sister). Seeing her incapable of spelling properly is heartbreaking, seeing her trying to get her head round the fact that her non A student sister has a memory to worry that geek Sheldon in Big bang is even worse. Jodie can also readily figure the spelling of words she can't initially spell.

Something Karen can only dream of. That is really cruel.

They should start doing Punctuation Repair Kits...! :lol:

Just remember: Educashion is importent... but riding is more importenterer.

• Like 1

I can totally understand why people get annoyed, but it's not a big deal unless you have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. It is a forum, not a job application after all.

Don't be grammar nazis guys. :eusa_whistle:

sZWhO.jpg

HAHAHAHA how do you like that one?. :hah:

Edited by wild foamy
corrected punctuation
  • Like 3

i know what you mean mate, it bugs the shit out of me too. All this LOL and PMSL or IIRC etc etc. yes granted when it cost you 10p per text messag and you wanted to say a lot then i could sort of see the point in making words shorter but in reality if they really wanted to say so much well why not just phone them?

I am lysdexic :ct:

Dyslexics of the world untie

• Like 2

Well, as someone who takes a considerable amount of trouble to actually make sure all my mis-keyed typing errors are corrected, my punctuation is approriate to the best of my understanding and that capitalisation is used, along with the proper spelling of words being set forth (in so far as Microsoft's Americanized autocorrect allows), I consider it both a mark and a matter of respect toward you, my fellow forumites and Yamaha Owners, to make my written (typed) words as correct as possible, that you might stand a slightly better chance of comprehending just what the in the name of Crimony-Fuck it is I'm wittering on about!! :)

Edited by wild foamy
found a spelling mistake, had to correct it...
  • Like 2

Often wondered if other languages do text speak, and how it looks? Spanish for instance.

I try to speak the Queens English. (One does like to speak properly.)

Actually, no I don't I talk with a Wiltshire accent. But, when I text I use proper pronunciation as in commas, brackets and full stops etc.

When I get a text from my loved one sometimes I think "WTF?"

I try to use correct punctuation and spelling, but I'm not too bothered if others don't. I do struggle to understand what some folk are trying to say when all spelling and punctuation are missing tho'

Capital letters mean the difference of you helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and You helping your uncle jack off a horse.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online