Another one gone

Katie1
This post is 3698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am no longer the owner of a Yamaha XJ6S :(

Mind you, it's still in our garage as my other half has taken it now I've got a Benelli Trek 899 so can I still play? :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah Katie... We'll let you play still!!

As Blackhat says, post a piccie up of your new steed! What made you choose that?

Decided the XJ6 wasn't doing what I wanted it to anymore. Always used to ride V-twins (SV, Firestorm, Falco, Mille) and missed that sense of lunacy when you cracked the throttle open :crazy: Was hunting around trying to find something that would satisfy the bonkers urges but not be so focussed that I couldn't just relax a bit when I felt like it (unlike the Mille!). Thought about the Tiger and even briefly considered a BMW (the thought of being single again stopped the last one) but then saw a pic of the Benelli and fell in love. One test ride later and I realised 3 cylinders was as much fun as two! :elephant:

So far, it's been exceptional. Comfortable, fast, insane acceleration when you need it, great riding position in traffic (was in London for the tube strike - nightmare!), surprising wind protection and only marginally less economical than the XJ6. Even stranger, people let you out at junctions and roundabouts, possibly to get a better peek?

Had some handguards put on and getting crash posts and a rack fitted but it's definitely a keeper :spin2:

Anyway, this may or may not work...

http://Trek.jpg

Trek2.jpg

That's a sexy looking bike, triples are definitely great engines.

Lazy to ride when you want but an animal when you give it a fistful - have fun!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Very sexy bike.

Pics or it didnt happen...

You aint felt nothing yet... ;)

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't want to go :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thats one sharp looking machine Katie not crazy about the rack,the bikes I'm sure your's is a delightful site,but I dont like any rack on any bike just alwasy look outa place.

Have fun with it and let us know how she holds up,we don't even have a dealer within a 100 miles from me not sure if they even have that bike here.That bike here would be a exotic,be lucky to see one ever.

Thats one sharp looking machine Katie not crazy about the rack,the bikes I'm sure your's is a delightful site,but I dont like any rack on any bike just alwasy look outa place.

Have fun with it and let us know how she holds up,we don't even have a dealer within a 100 miles from me not sure if they even have that bike here.That bike here would be a exotic,be lucky to see one ever.

Know what you mean about racks but just have to carry far too much (laptop, meeting papers, change of clothes etc) not to have one. Lovely to carry a fully loaded rucksack out to the bike and just dump it in the top box :)

From what I hear, Benelli just didn't happen in Canada. I think there may be some bargains to be had if you can haggle down the insane prices of the ones on Craigslist...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online