changeing bikes as now touring?

wallywant xj6s
This post is 3691 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, just a note if you want me to leave the site then i will but just saying that as of this week i wont be a yamaha chap as got my self a suzuki 1250 fa st for touring this year and many more years after that i hope as need to get out more.cheers every one.

wallywant xj6s/falo fa st.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its still got two wheels chap so your still more than welcome on here, few chaps and chap ets have non Yammy bikes, Bippo has a Triumph, And Tout has a CB500 and some have Suzi's.

Stay around and im sure you can still pitch in on chats and give out advice :thumb:

As above it's a bike and your always welcome, the Suzi is a nice bike hope you enjoy it.

You bought a 1250 Arse Bandit?

Aw noooo.... if Touring is your thing, you should have gotten a Yamaha FJ1200!!

Having just spent the past three months on an Arse Bandit, it really was a crash course in why they call it such a nasty name!!

Hi all, as for your comments thanks but having doubts really as never had a suzuki before especially like the 1250 fa st but its a big jump from the xj6s yamaha 600cc

so not sure what to exspect as not a fast or mad rider at all.cheers.

wallywant xj6s.

It's actually (IMO) a very easy bike to ride. Very light for a 1200, fairly nippy, decent upright position.

However, it is a Suzuki and the engine announces this fact.

It also lacked any soul, in my opinion. It was like having something delivered by a courier who hands you the sign-sheet and item without uttering a word...

Still, just my opinion and I'm a Yamaha fanboy anyway. You may get on perfectly well with it.

Best of luck.

Best tourer i think is a Triumph Tiger,,,, comfy loads of grunt,,, paniers . the full package,,,

yeh stick around,,, a forum thrives on posters.... :hug2:

I'm still loitering here and haven't had a Yamaha for nearly a year now... Watch the finish though as its piss poor on Suzuki

Best tourer i think is a Triumph Tiger,,,, comfy loads of grunt,,, paniers . the full package,,,

yeh stick around,,, a forum thrives on posters.... :hug2:

I'll second that... Ha ha!

• Like 2

Really nice bike to be sat behind ;)

With those specs? Probably even nicer seeing it vanish in the mirrors!!

Besides, it's still not a Yamaha!! ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online