Anyone manage to get out today?

drewpy
This post is 3594 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I didn't manage to get out either as I had to work this morning then was just too tired after cos' worked the last couple of weekends

no work tomorrow, hope the weathers good, fingers crossed :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Where are you?

I had beautiful blue skies, bright sunshine and I baked in my bike gear.

up in the hills, @ Rivington/Turton/Helmshore (Rossendale Valley)

I've been up to matlock today with the power ranger brigade haha. Nice ride out though, more than kept up with 2 R6's on the twisties, and as always some nice fish and chips!

ateqe4aq.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

One word SNOW so no riding today

No seriouse we got dumped on,, about 4 inches of snow,, fn winter wont give up this year,I date my batterys and last year I put a new one in on feb 14th I realy am beginning to think we wont get summer this year.

A great run home from work this morning with the sunrise over Loch Lomond

32_zpsf78ec9a1.jpg

That's a cracking picture Jimmy.

Been cold in the mornings this week, roasting in the afternoon.

Been dumping everything as soon as I'm home, straight back out again!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I got up early and had a cracking ride out, stopped about 30 mile from home at a pub to watch the mighty reds go 5 points clear at the top of the prem, all in all its been a brilliant day (even the blue's done well) :hyper:

I got up early this morning and hid loads of chocolate eggs for my boys to find! Had a great day though and not back to work til Thursday so should get some miles on before then!!

I got out on my bike today, thats pushbike though lol, i'm on a fitness and fat-less drive at the moment.

Jumped on the canal from Hyde to Marple then canal from Marple to New Mills then old railway trail from New Mills to Hayfield and popped back over the hills to home. Took a few pics but my camera battery died just as I reached Marple so that sucks, there would have been plenty more scenery to show you from there!

However the Hyde/Marple section is really nice because there's plenty of woodland and in springtime it always looks good ;)

Dark tunnel, always walk this one, can you guess why?

Copyof100_3009_zpsf569010a.jpg

Copyof100_3010_zps273dcfb0.jpg

Spotted this fella, watched him a good 10 mins and he never so much as blinked...great concentration when your dinner relies on it eh?

Copyof100_3011_zps1a95742c.jpg

Copyof100_3012_zps8cc71ecf.jpg

Copyof100_3013_zpsb7532774.jpg

Copyof100_3014_zps14dcaabf.jpg

Canal viaduct at marple end, what a magnificent structure it is, that's the railway viaduct in the background

Copyof100_3015_zps5fcb51c7.jpg

Its a long way down!

Copyof100_3016_zpsc983b980.jpg

Sadly that all I have, just a few yards from here is the 18 or so canal locks which must take and age to pass through, then of on the New Mills canal which is quite an elevated section through the beautiful hills of the peak district. And finally on reaching New Mills, off up the sett valley trail (old railway line) to Hayfield...I used to ride my tiger cub trial bike on that before they made it a recognised trail.

Loved it :D

cracking day Paul. looks like you and me both on the healthly diets.

I lost 1.5 stone since Jan. :)

• Like 1

Sadly, no, didnt get out today, or any other day of the holiday period

Re-laying patio slabs saturday

Out with daughter and horse cross country training sunday

Painting gutters/facias etc today

least ive got a ticket for saturday at stafford :icon_smile:

Up to the Ace Cafe, out to Southend to spend the day, back to the Ace for me tea and then home all told about 210 miles :D

cracking day Paul. looks like you and me both on the healthly diets.

I lost 1.5 stone since Jan. :)

the things you do to make a ped go faster, awwh what a pity poor little ped

the things you do to make a ped go faster, awwh what a pity poor little ped

it will be reborn..