Bringing Her Back to Life

rzresurection
This post is 3451 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's it!! Very sexy and look not so big any more.

HAha I had my setting wrong and missed this whole thread Great read I remember thoes good old days of 8-10 of us all on 2strokes foging out every intersection and the music of the pipes I can smell it now .

You didn't happen to go to the London bike show back in 87 and see my rz 350 there did you cause I had the tzr 250 body work on mine before anyone,everyone was running the harris or rickman farrings like your buddy I ll get a picture up later at the shop now working on the jeep (er um well supposed to be ) and have the pictuers on the other puter..

Your build is coming on nice, did you happen to weigh all the old suspension and new to see how much weight your adding?

Nope, not yet. I only had a chance to figure out the way that I had the load resistor installed, was wrong. Lol.

Maybe later on today.

Just put the resistor across positive and negative of the signal wires, in parallel. So you have your light hooked up to the output, and the resistor hooked up to the output, positive to postives of light and resistor, negative to negatives of light and resistor. This just simulates that there is enough load on the circuit so the flasher doesn't fault and think there's a bulb out! Hopefully that explanation made sense... there's a ton of diagrams out there too if you need to just google it! :D

HAha I had my setting wrong and missed this whole thread Great read I remember thoes good old days of 8-10 of us all on 2strokes foging out every intersection and the music of the pipes I can smell it now .

You didn't happen to go to the London bike show back in 87 and see my rz 350 there did you cause I had the tzr 250 body work on mine before anyone,everyone was running the harris or rickman farrings like your buddy I ll get a picture up later at the shop now working on the jeep (er um well supposed to be ) and have the pictuers on the other puter..

Your build is coming on nice, did you happen to weigh all the old suspension and new to see how much weight your adding?

I really do miss the days of 2 stroke bikes fogging up the streets. Now, I'm excited to see one in the street. I want to make sure I get my back on the road to join the dwindling minority.

I never made it to the 87 London show. I did like the TZR body work - I'd love to get one at some point. Post some pics up in my thread if you want. I don't mind a temporary hijack. Lol.

I still have all the original suspension components. I should do a comparison at some point. Would be some food numbers to know.

Just put the resistor across positive and negative of the signal wires, in parallel. So you have your light hooked up to the output, and the resistor hooked up to the output, positive to postives of light and resistor, negative to negatives of light and resistor. This just simulates that there is enough load on the circuit so the flasher doesn't fault and think there's a bulb out! Hopefully that explanation made sense... there's a ton of diagrams out there too if you need to just google it! :D

I didn't realize that they needed to be connected in parallel. I thought they needed more resistance, so I just connected in series. I'll use some jumpers to test, then wire permanently.

Also that makes my heart flutter. Really really really gorgeous bike. I love them 80's look. Square rear ends. Rather that the triangle stuff they release these days.

Would love to have a blast on a big two smoker!

One day I will get myself an RD350 or something similar.

Thanks Calum. Some days, it gives me the same reaction.

It's a classic, but not an original/stock classic. I'm trying to give it a bit of a GP replica look.

I've never had a go on the bigger RZ500 (RD500 for you guys). I had a chance to buy one way back when, and was too chickenshit. I just stuck with the little brother. Lol.

If you have a chance to get a 350 - go for it. You won't regret it!!

Jug Studs? what be them then??