Heel Toe Shifter Retro-Fit to 2000 XVS650A

gremlin1988
This post is 3725 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys and gals

I've tried to fit a heel-toe shifter several times to my XVS650A Dragstar Classic (2000) but each one I buy doesn't fit. They bolt on, but you can't shift as the heel part hits as you try and change.

All the shifters I've bought are genuine Yamaha shifters, all advertised as 2001+, which leads me to believe that the mounts / frame / something was altered for the 2001 onwards models. Can anyone confirm?

Has any-one successfully fitted a heel-toe shifter to a 2000 Classic?

Thanks

Tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Where abouts does the heel part hit? can you not mill out a section of the heel toe arm thats hitting?

Chuck up some pics of the problem mate and will be able to have a better look and come up with some thing. Can you not space it out with some washers or some thing like that?

I think your answer is in the post, all advertised as 2001 onwards.

As noise says try getting some machining done if they are not available for the y2k model

Maybe these help

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vstar-650-floor-boards-with-heel-toe-shifter-XVS650-V-STAR-Yamaha-floorboards-/171234559100?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27de60047c

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online