DR sixfiddy

welshwan
This post is 3533 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

You still doing squires on the DT50?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

POR15 is here, primer paint, new seal for the petcock...... hopefully get cracking on this bitch tomorrow!

Get on it! You gotta love the tractor

too right, i've only done about 230 miles and i am very eager to get back on it. Not bad bikes at all ..... and compared to my husky or even my old XT125 this has a seat like a sofa.

What have you got yours to top out at with the big bore pipes? i've only ever taken it up to about 75- still had some more go in it though

Yeah it's a comfy bike, great seating position too!

I've had it up to about 95 I think. Not entirely sure though as the clocks in km's and I can't do maths that fast haha

• Like 1

You still doing squires on the DT50?

That is the plan :)

From Odiham to Squires is 260 miles each way, gonna bring a spare engine along aswell just in case.

Not bad at all finnerz!

and i thought 165 miles on the DR was pushing it...... forget the spare engine, strap a pushbike to your back for when you need make better time.

In all seriousness i would tow the bike up there. You're a brave, erhhh crazy guy.

Are you doing squires on your DR then welshy? I'm half tempted to come on mine.

You're a brave, erhhh crazy guy.

Figured i may aswell give it a go, should hopefully be able to make it there on 2 tanks of fuel over about 8 hours :)

Are you doing squires on your DR then welshy? I'm half tempted to come on mine.

IF i do go, it WILL be on the DR mate. Depending on how this tank turns out, you may well be in for some lols.

Thought you'd go on that fancy bike in your avatar :jossun: . Would like to compare the DRs though!

Figured i may aswell give it a go, should hopefully be able to make it there on 2 tanks of fuel over about 8 hours :)

God damn, that's a long old time, best of luck to you sir

IF i do go, it WILL be on the DR mate. Depending on how this tank turns out, you may well be in for some lols.

Thought you'd go on that fancy bike in your avatar :jossun: . Would like to compare the DRs though!

Yeah that's why I'm tempted to come on it, there's not too many like ours about!

• Like 1

too right mate! Hopefully i'll make it :jossun:

Yeah i've never seen another one on any of my travels before.

• 1 month later...

So after dragging my heals for god knows how long, i've finally sealed the tank (well i hope so anyways!). have to leave it to dry now until Sunday, then i can chuck some petrol in there to make sure all the leaks are sorted- fingers crossed, if it is sealed i will be repainting it next week, then hopefully get back out on the big old girl.

Yeahhhh get it sorted! We need to do a DR rideout haha

YES!

Hopefully by the end of next week she'll be back on the road *touch wood*

• 2 months later...

so is it the end of next week yet?!!

It sure is airhead! tank has been sealed and painted in matt black, had to use the small patch things that come with the sealer for a few little parts of the outside of the tank. Unfortunately the paints didn't take very well, so both sides of the tank where my legs rest on it, the paint has been rubbing away. :(

But TBH i don't give i fuck, it's sealed and i'm riding it, put a fair few miles on it since it's been sorted, also had new chain and sprockets, found a 2nd seat for it (which i think looks okay) and has two LED spotlights on the front now also.

Pictures in the next couple of days...try not to laugh, too hard.

Yeah come on welshy are you coming to squires or not?

Sorry buddy, but it's looking like a no go, unless i can leave here at the crack of dawn and head home when things start to wind down at the end of the day. Not sure but looks like i won't be making it, this time. :shakeno:

Few things been going on, husqvarna has also been sold. From mentioning to someone i wanted rid of it, it took ten hours for them to travel here, have a look and for the money to be in my hands and the bike in the back of his van! Now that's how to sell a bike.

So i am now in the market for another enduro bike, not sure what yet. does not need to be as beasty this time as i have the DR650 to do trips and get around on. So who knows, maybe a 250? see what turns up for the right price.

Awww dude that's a shame, my DR is off the road atm waiting for chain, sprockets and brake pads before an MOT. I do enjoy riding it though, for country roads and car parks with speed bumps it's brilliant!

• Like 1