yamaha xt125 dash

martinshaw94
This post is 3489 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all as you wondered i own a yamaha xt125x and the dashboard has never worked for till now

the other day i went off roading with my mate and my bike got caked in mud

the next day i gave it a good proper clean i mean i stripped the whole bike down to clean it

when cleaning i thought I'd clean my dash as i still need it for my bike to work even tho i have a trail tech

i dunked the dash into hot fairy iquid water as i though f*@k it and once i put my bike back together i switched the ignition on and to my wonder the original dash cam to life.

ever since then it has not gone off but when it didn't work it has recorded the mileage since it broke on me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The XT 125 X/R's speedo's are notorious for being tempremental or just failing completely. In the end I just bought a TrailTech for mine and sacked the factory one. If yours has come back to life you might be lucky and it will last you, if not wait until it packs in again and replace it.

• 7 months later...

I came here to ask a dash question.

I have an xt125x, and somehow have managed to make it so the dash is showing battery level instead of revs down the side. In pressing the finger button on the left handlebar to cycle through stuff I have put the time right out too.

How the hell do you switch between these modes! Its driving me insane!!!

Also, I'm sure the speedo isn't reading correctly. I follow cars at an indicated ~23mph through all the 30 limits on the way to work, and they all do an indicated ~30mph in the 40mph zones. Also, I went at one of those signs that flashed up and told me how fast I was going and it said 31mph while I was riding at an indicated 23mph! Makes the indicated 60mph I got out of it on friday a damn sight faster...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online