what new bike ???

biglee
This post is 3727 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right, Im a big fan of Harley's and ive helped build two of my step dads, thing is they are A LOT of work and if you do not keep on top of them they become a pain in the ass and cost the same as buying a state in America. hard to find a good one thats less than £4k and most have either had the chrome polished to less than a fag paper or are starting to rust. Brakes are about as good as a Roses tin lid if you go for an older one or if your going to get a brand new one they now coming fitted with "Harleys Davidsons advanced braking system" or as we know them as proper brakes. (only taken them 90 years to do it but better late than never hey?) Again id love a Harley and will get one some day but just take into account that every thing Harley is pricey and a paint in the japs eye.

XV950.

Yamaha build quality and reliability, a bike that will start on the button no matter what and dosn't need to be hooked up to a life support machine every night so as that the battery dosen't die. part can be cheep and found very easy, same looks as a Harley (more or less) without all the hasstle and will cost less than the american one too.

Also i see that your still on a 125, are you sure you wanna get some thing thats got enought torque that it can pull your house to a new post code area? why not go for the XVS 650? or the Ho*** Shaddow 650? just so you can build up to the power. My mate has just gone from a YBR R125 to a brand new R1 and fitted a quick action throttle (cos he's a twat) and binned it due to the power difference which he said he could handle :crazy::wank4az:

Just my 2p

• Like 1

Right, Im a big fan of Harley's and ive helped build two of my step dads, thing is they are A LOT of work and if you do not keep on top of them they become a pain in the ass and cost the same as buying a state in America. hard to find a good one thats less than £4k and most have either had the chrome polished to less than a fag paper or are starting to rust. Brakes are about as good as a Roses tin lid if you go for an older one or if your going to get a brand new one they now coming fitted with "Harleys Davidsons advanced braking system" or as we know them as proper brakes. (only taken them 90 years to do it but better late than never hey?) Again id love a Harley and will get one some day but just take into account that every thing Harley is pricey and a paint in the japs eye.

XV950.

Yamaha build quality and reliability, a bike that will start on the button no matter what and dosn't need to be hooked up to a life support machine every night so as that the battery dosen't die. part can be cheep and found very easy, same looks as a Harley (more or less) without all the hasstle and will cost less than the american one too.

Also i see that your still on a 125, are you sure you wanna get some thing thats got enought torque that it can pull your house to a new post code area? why not go for the XVS 650? or the Ho*** Shaddow 650? just so you can build up to the power. My mate has just gone from a YBR R125 to a brand new R1 and fitted a quick action throttle (cos he's a twat) and binned it due to the power difference which he said he could handle :crazy::wank4az:

Just my 2p

lol thanks so may be better of paying that bit more for the xv950 £7.500 new . Harley £6.995 new in the long run :)

and as for xvs650 i do like them when bobber :)

and shadow NO

and as for such big jump im 32 now so not in to speed so wont be riding like a nutter i prefer to cruse lol i used to ride bikes at a younger age ( Motocross ) so im not a completely new to bikes :)

The 650 is a GOOD bike to move up to, believe me!

Like I say Harleys are great bikes but unless your into getting your hands full of oil and maintaining it then I'd say don't do it. Xvs650 is a cracking bike and not too hard to bobber (he says ha ha) only thing I find wrong with the dragstar is that is gutless at the top end but in saying that it's not built for that.

Best thing to do mate is to test ride them and see what you think. But don't get dragged in buy the Harley dealerships bull shit and DO NOT join the HOG lol full of over paid accountants and suit warring wankers who buy every single Harley branded kit they can see. Ha ha.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say the XV950R, mainly cos thats the bike i want!

I am used to sports bikes but I bought the XVS 650 because I like the way you can change it to how you want! I have to admit top end is a bit slow for me! but its not built for speed nice to just cruise around on.

have to agree with Noise on the Harley front!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online