my turn!

liquidcooled
This post is 6628 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

came off the gsxr last night :( late at night going home from my gf's. back end went, then caught and flung me off. tried to save it but it just went round way too far. knee's a bit of a mess as is my hand and my right thigh :rolleyes: the gsxr's not too pretty either! thats the first time i've ever came off on the hard stuff, not nice. and the noise the gixxer made going down the road was horrible. off my work now till i can get my knee to bend properly again. feel fooking stupid, i knew it was icy :rolleyes: guess i'll have to street fighter my bike unless i can get panels for the fairing. vikki's pissed off with me, as is my dad understandably so looks like i fooked up a bit

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bloody hell Alan,

That's bad luck, especially when you have been talking about cutting out the winter riding so recently!

Still, as Boozehound says the important thing is that you are able to tell us about it.

And if the folk in your life seem to be pissed off with you, at least you know they care :D .

Take it easy, and hope you are feling a bit brighter soon.

Andy

came off the gsxr last night :( late at night going home from my gf's. back end went, then caught and flung me off. tried to save it but it just went round way too far. knee's a bit of a mess as is my hand and my right thigh :rolleyes: the gsxr's not too pretty either! thats the first time i've ever came off on the hard stuff, not nice. and the noise the gixxer made going down the road was horrible. off my work now till i can get my knee to bend properly again. feel fooking stupid, i knew it was icy :rolleyes: guess i'll have to street fighter my bike unless i can get panels for the fairing. vikki's pissed off with me, as is my dad understandably so looks like i fooked up a bit

mate i know how you feel. come of me 450f on a salt lake in 5th gear doing a standup wheelie so i felt it too man, the bike was a bit worse for wear but theres allways time and money to fix them so make sure you just worry about your own health for know and b4 you know it you will be back on there again. hope the g/f put out for you before you left cos it might be a while before your back on the nest mate.

thanks guys :) now where's pete to give me a bollocking and call me a stupid boy........? :unsure:

he'll be along shortly...crasher boy :unsure::rolleyes:

at least you're semi ok thats the main thing...best thing for a shitzuki anyway..be able to get a proper YAM now ;)

thanks guys :) now where's pete to give me a bollocking and call me a stupid boy........? :unsure:

Alan....as you know I take a lot of stick for my namby-pamby biking ways! :unsure:

However, the way I am now is the result of all the experiences I've had, both good and bad, over the years.

And I learnt many years ago that riding in potentially hazardous conditions is painful, and you invariably end up paying in blood and cash. When in doubt....leave the bike alone. Your old man has probably told you the same thing too.

But I'm glad you're reasonably OK....just think how much worse it could have been. And the most important thing...learn from it!

I gotta give you respect for the way you told the story though....totally honest that it was your fault, rather than shift the blame elsewhere like most people do.

So you've been a Twat....but at least you're an honest Twat!

And looking on the bright side....it was only a POS Suzuki that hit the deck, so nothing of any value! :lol:

• Admin

Lucky it wasnt a yam!!! ;)

Glad your allright mate, i wanted to cry when i came off my bike :huh:

Alan.....sounds like you've already learned from the experience......which, outside of your health, is probably most important. I've got a feeling you'd probably not be so free with the info if that had happened on your RD :blink:

Glad to hear you're alright though mate ;)

& for what it's worth.....old Gixxer's make Great Street Fighters.....so Carry On! B)

i wouldnt expect anything less mozzy :lol:

scott, yeah i've learned. had a terrible nights sleep, getting up for painkillers most of the time :rolleyes: my dad says although its bad its happened, its also good in a way as it's taught me i'm not invincible on a bike. when you've never came off on the road you dont really think you're gonna. i just got too smart and hit the deck! the bike's over at vikki's still, i've already bought the parts to get it streetfightered till i can get new fairing panels. one thing that pisses me off is the lever for the hydraulic clutch broke off at the boss meaning i need whole new part not just lever. why suzuki couldnt stick a cable clutch on them i dont know :rolleyes: one good thing is gsxr's are everywhere in breakers! another up note is my dad's gave me the honda rs250 to keep again and my mums gave me her car(she doesnt want me on a bike till weather's improved but screw that!) it's a fiesta so me and mozzy can compare notes! B):lol:

its nothing to be ashamed of alan ive had a few tumbles all embarrasing but i see the funny side to them all now

1 i had a 1976 xl250 field bike and i was racing some kiddies on a dr 350 (i lost) anyway i had only just got bike up and running anyway we were haring across the old airport and i went over a small jump then realised i had not bolted seat down properley cut a long story short about 6 ft in the air the bike went right and me and the seat went left into the bushes :lol:

2 my old cg (first road bike with a topbox) i was in the petrol station up the rd from me and there were a load of good looking birds in the car park cut a long stry short i tried to pop a wheelie when pulling out and lets just say there was diesel on the floor.

3 my black dtr came round a bend to go to shop again cute girls out side so i flick the stand down with down with my toe and in kind of a poser style and as i flicked the stand down i kinda leapped off the bike but never realisd the stand was over a drain cover im shur you can guess what happend i looked a right twat :blink:

wow man that is embarassing but not quite as much as your car! :D:D:D:D:D

I have been lucky not to crash yet, but have been very close a few times, saying that I've only been riding 2 1/2 years. Just a matter of time though. :(

Hope everyones recoveries are going well.

Regards

Robbie

sorry to hear about the tumble. but at least you have some experiance now. and as others have it could have been much worse. i no how it feels to want to ride in the ice no matter how much you know its there its just to tempting to ride anyway unfortuantely i had the same result as you. but at least you can go for a streetfighter look which are cool :) and at least it shows how much ur parents love you and help you through it.

get well soon mate

tom

thanks. i did grow up being the youngest of three with my sisters being 10 and 12 years older than me. probably why!

are they good looking ;)