YBR125 Indicator fault - solved

Trooper
This post is 3709 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening

So as I'm battling with the DVLA and my bike is just sat in my garden, I'm using the time to make sure it's in good shape and do any modifications I want to do. I noticed that the left rear indicator was out when I got it, and I assumed it was just the bulb. In the last few days, the front one has stopped working too, and the dash light just stays solid. The right indicators are fine and flash at the correct speed.

So I assumed that this was just bad luck and that the front bulb had gone too. The factory that my dad works at makes parts for vehicles (including Yamaha bikes!) so he said he'd try and acquire the bulbs from work for me. He tested them and they both work! I'm told it could be a fuse, but I'm new to bikes and have no idea where to start! And for obvious reasons I can't drive it to a garage.

Any help would be greately appreciated! Thanks :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could also be wiring corroding away, especially if it's just sat out in the garden!

Oh and I forgot to add, yesterday the right side started to flash faster too. Both bulbs are still on though. Also, when I turn either side on, the bike seems to make a weird mechanical squealing noise for a second. Faulty relay maybe?

Take them off and just point in the direction your going. Job jobbed ha ha

Take them off and just point in the direction your going. Job jobbed ha ha

Sometimes I think that would be easier.. Anyway, I've sorted it! It was just the main fuse, must have been on its way out. Left indicators work perfectly now. Right ones still flash double speed so I think one of them is on its last legs.

Glad to hear you sorted it,

Why don't you change the title of this thread, you can edit your own post to "YBR125 Indicator fault - solved"

and perhaps you could mention where you located the main fuse on the bike for others benefit should they have a YBR125 with the same problem.

Every little helps!

Can't seem to edit the thread title (I'm probably just stupid) but here's how the problem was solved:

It was the main fuse which seemed to be causing the problem (despite the right side indicators and brake lights still working). Took the battery fairing cover off with the key, and just to the right of the battery there is a clearly identifiable fuse fixture. Just pulled the front part off and pulled the fuse out, replaced with another 10A one, put everything back and bam! Indicators spring back to life. Thought it would be a bit more complicated than that, thank god it wasn't. Bike is ready for some action now, just a bit of chain lube and a trip to the petrol station then away it goes. Just hoping the DVLA will stop giving me trouble some time soon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online