engine swop

Tommy xs
This post is 3711 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I want to change my engine temporarily, while I overhaul the original, should I notify my insurance and will it cost me.

edit: its the same model engine but 2 years younger

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

technically I suppose you should, but its still the same engine, its not uprated, just a different number so can't see a problem myself

Lee may have another take on it

technically I suppose you should, but its still the same engine, its not uprated, just a different number so can't see a problem myself

Lee may have another take on it

that's what I'm thinking drew, thanks

This a tricky one to answer, reason being if you called us and said you were just having the engine replaced with the another same spec/model engine, then it would be fine, no charges incurred.......

However I saw a case recently where one of our competitors had his policy cancelled when he rang to tell them that he'd added new indicators.

I would inform the insurance company and get the engine number changed on the log book, just to be safe.

Christ what a load of bollocks !!! Just to have your engine overhauled, ignore them and say you forgot to tell them and that even supposes that you will fall off or run into someone while it's in there !!!! Who wants to go through all that just for a couple of weeks that the thing will be out of the bike plus I bet even if the worst happened you could say it was in there when you bought it and no one would be any the wiser, unless of course they read this post in which case your screwed. :biglaugha::eusa_doh::shakeno:

Christ what a load of bollocks !!! Just to have your engine overhauled, ignore them and say you forgot to tell them and that even supposes that you will fall off or run into someone while it's in there !!!! Who wants to go through all that just for a couple of weeks that the thing will be out of the bike plus I bet even if the worst happened you could say it was in there when you bought it and no one would be any the wiser, unless of course they read this post in which case your screwed. :biglaugha::eusa_doh::shakeno:

The other thing that screws it for me is I've owned it since new, so can't say it was already in there :eusa_doh: think i'll leave it till next winter as a project and do it while its off the road or maybe even get my other xs on the road while this one is out of action

In the 1970"s , we were hauling engines out of cars every week end, :eusa_doh: as the british quallity was gash. Viva"s/ cortinas/ mini"s/ humbers, we stuck in whatever the Scrappy had, ie- 1300-1600. or 2000- 1300. because you had to pull them out again a month later, so bad were the engines ,

We never notified insurers, and if we smashed them" we never claimed either, to build up our no claims bonus, being 18 year olds,,

i stuck in my spare TS250 engine last year, till i reconned the original , it was identical engine ,bar the numbers, :yeah:

• Like 1

This a tricky one to answer, reason being if you called us and said you were just having the engine replaced with the another same spec/model engine, then it would be fine, no charges incurred.......

However I saw a case recently where one of our competitors had his policy cancelled when he rang to tell them that he'd added new indicators.

I would inform the insurance company and get the engine number changed on the log book, just to be safe.

thank's Lee that's a surprise about the indicators! I don't want to have to change the number on the v5 cos its only for a short time

See Tommy even Feliks say's this and he's on the other side of the world !!!!

Question: How is ANYONE going to know that you did this? Other than you, and anyone who reads this thread...

yes sort of sorry I asked the question cos sort of already new the answer. anyway I'm not going to do it now wink wink!!

yes sort of sorry I asked the question cos sort of already new the answer. anyway I'm not going to do it now wank wank!! :wank4az:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online