Got the second RD400

DirtyDT
This post is 3713 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh" Kev"s a bottomfeeder Land scaper. i mean,

Foamy" you"l find the pub going females are all nutters, :crazy: just watch that vally"s or geordie shore,

And i married one , and most after that were the same, :spin2: am afraid its the type you attract mate... :hah:

Well she posed this on facebook herself , after a debate about 1970,s topless bike ads , only thing wrong here is , she is not my girlfreind/ wife. what could you want better hottie that owns a classic stroker even if it is a suzuki

1545848_10202305099046931_903699393_n.jp

So, which one is the classic stroker...?

Booked in the bike for an MOT for today. I haven't had a chance to go over the bike properly so the worst was that I would get a list of things I needed to do. Lots of looks on the way to the MOT centre - probably thinking; what is that stupid old bloke riding around in this weather for.

The bike passed :hyper: so it is now MOT'ed. I will get some tax for it on 1st Feb.

It had a few advisory's:

Notchy steering

Fork seal misting

Rear tyre starting to perish

So a few jobs to do before any summer runs.

It rides fantastically, pulls well and feels great to ride.

I also got a chance to wear my new Bultaco open face helmet and Halcyon goggles. I can't feel my face now but curry night tonight so that will bring the blood back to my face.

Well happy!!!

• Like 2

Jammy bugger, a good 400 was on my shopping option list (although I wanted spoked wheels, yeah rocking horse rare I know) when I sold my 600 for the sake of my licence. Just the TDR came up first.

I cant go past 2 in the stable so untill I pass the dt to my daughter it will have to wait. Might beg a go though next time we meet.

..............Might beg a go though next time we meet.

Not a problem Jason.

I'd never ridden one until today but a couple of miles down the road I was contemplating selling the TS. Not because I need to but I can't see it ever getting ridden now except to get it MOT'ed one a year.

Thats what happens when you have too many bikes, :eusa_doh: . am offloading the DT125, . got rid of the illiminator in october , :rolleyes:

where you tempted to pop it up at any time newman... :spin2:

with it being a stroker i'm always tempted to wang it...

Absolutely not Kev. It is against the law to ride like that :eusa_whistle:

It is supposed to have had a top end or engine rebuild so I need to be careful until I can confirm this (or not). I also like to be comfortable that everything is as it should be before I give it a little throttle.

common sense will not prevail ,, not with one of these..

mark my words newmy,,

that little devil will be on your shoulder prodding you in the neck :hah:

yes even if it has just been rebuilt pop it open on the flat or slight downhill and give it a but of stick occasionally , dont let it labour , make sure you are in a low gear and let it rev freely through the gears,

Err........................ I have just kept it out of the red. Does that count?

It was hard though it just wanted me to open it more. It pulls very well, idles fine and changes gear great.

Quite strange really, I am running in the FZ and the first phase means that you can get up to 80 MPH. The FZ seems to need another gear whereas the RD seems to be geared just right and I forgot a few times I wasn't in top gear.

Err........................ I have just kept it out of the red. Does that count?

It was hard though it just wanted me to open it more. It pulls very well, idles fine and changes gear great.

Quite strange really, I am running in the FZ and the first phase means that you can get up to 80 MPH. The FZ seems to need another gear whereas the RD seems to be geared just right and I forgot a few times I wasn't in top gear.

Just about every new sport/sport touring/naked bike I have ridden over 700cc in the last few years all seem to suffer from poor gearing for highway running.On the B I found 1 tooth down on the rear helped alot ,,at first I was always searching for another gear,then I just got used to checking the revs.I thinke it's has alot to do with the amount of mid range torque built into them,when you crusing in top gear at say 65mph you just dont expect to have that instane pull without a gear change.

Where the 400 is just nicely in the upper end of lower end of the power,my rz 350 was like that once in 6th you were crusing and it felt like it,still power when you roll on the throttle but nothing like 1st to 4th.Where as the new bikes just go at 70-80 like you still in 3rd or 4th.

How the front end I hear they are a bit soft and feed back is vauge,I havent ridden 1 yet but the fz9 (mt9) is on the list of test rides this year.Yam did a fantastic job on the styling and the motor is to die for street riding so all test reviews say.

Sounds like you got a even better deal on the 400 if it just need's some normal wear and tear fixed.Good on ya nice find :thumb:

See how much a bargain you got,,, this needs everthin done, £1930.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201021389951?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

See how much a bargain you got,,, this needs everthin done, £1930.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201021389951?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

He he he. I was watching this too but as soon as it got over a grand it was for interest only.

I have ordered the bits for the steering and forks. Get it up on a stand and while it is there sort out the rear tyre. Going to get both tyres changed to be honest but that is so I know their history. I have ordered an air filter and plugs so I know when they have been done and........... thats about it really.