Got the second RD400

DirtyDT
This post is 3735 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done mate, looks a good result, although I always thought black was the fastest colour....Must be why I always got wupped at the lights.......oh and the fact I owned a 4 stroke while my mates were on elsies, x7s and a kh

Bought another RD

Very, very happy at the moment.

Understatment of the year,, :doggy: ,, great buy,, and i know sometimes we beat oursell up about spur of the moment buys.

But the money aint lost . its just tied up. :yeah:

• Like 1

Check the latest one for safety and ride it. Restore the rough one and ride it too.

You should restore one to its full original state and then customise the other into a cafe racer.

You should restore one to its full original state and then customise the other into a cafe racer.

Nooooooo. One is almost original anyway, that just needs a check over to make sure the jetting is right and a service and should be ready for a run to the MOT station, the other is going right back to the frame restore, back to near standard.

I do like the cafe racer style but, in my opinion, that is not for these bikes. The XS is a much better bike to do this too, you only have to look at Drewpy's XS to see that.

Sounds great and almost as good as Kawasaki triple :icon_wink:

Seems a good price for a nice, honest RD400 too.

Cheers. I am pleased so far.

Just need a TDR250 a KDX and a TS90 (my first bike) now to get a complete set. I don't think I will get any more until I have completed (or nearly) the ones I have. I need a big shed now but I am having to hold off due to a few house/building reasons but this should be sorted by February. I took the long route to work on the FZ8 this morning so it wouldn't feel lonely. 90 miles on that now and it is now filthy :thumb:

Go on Tommy, beat him to the TDR.

He will love you for it honest........

By the way I am not remotely envious of his fleet, not, at, all.....nope, not interested in 400s , nope.

My only solace to Dirtys bike situation,(you know his uniquely understanding missus is even tidy to look at), is I own the kryptonite.

VGC low mileage original TDR 250.

Cracking find that mate! but i also prefer them in yellow.

My only solace to Dirtys bike situation,(you know his uniquely understanding missus is even tidy to look at), is I own the kryptonite.

VGC low mileage original TDR 250.

You mean "what is a sympathetic, stunning looking woman doing with a bloke like me?". I put it down to wit. I often hear people at work saying "....that bloke is full of wit" well it sounds something like that.

I was looking at TDR's but they just don't come up for sale often in anywhere near the condition I would buy one in. There is more chance of Foamy pulling than a good one coming up for sale at a decent price that isn't the other side of the country.

Anyway, back to RD. Too dark on the evenings to do much at the moment. I already said the same key fits all of the locks but tried the key in the steering lock last night and it fits and works fine. Checked the engine oil, right amount and crystal clear so new. Checked the 2 stroke oil, full and a clear red. Looked under the seat and there is a Newtronics box there so the bike must be converted to pointless ignition. Started first kick. The battery needs charging a bit but everything seems to work. Looks like a recent chain and sprocket set too. I just hope nothing comes back to bite me as things seem a little too good for what I paid for it

Your 1 lucky dude Mr DDT a girl who like bikes and encourages you to buy them,apparently is hot to the eyes,and keep finding the deals on some desirable bikes.

My hat goes off to you,I must be looking the opsit way in life cause I cant find the bikes I want or the one girl who I will give up my single life for.O well I dont have to ask anyone if it's ok to spend my money when I do find the bikes LOL.

Big question is when are you going to find time to ride them all and finnish them all,get laid ,eat and work + keep the newbees from posting workshop ?'s in the newmembers section ?

• Like 4

Big question is when are you going to find time to ......... keep the newbees from posting workshop ?'s in the newmembers section ?

I'll always have time for that. Seems I am building myself a reputation for being a little tough on forum misdemeanours, I can live with that. If people can't read or understand the word "workshop" then I am possibly doing them a favour keeping them away from riding on the roads. Some days it seems like we should just have one section called "Everything" and that would save all the messing. It wouldn't be tidy though!

• Like 2

Wanna mke mi Dt do 100 "like powrvave boost yeah first post

• Like 1