Highsider

The Beard
This post is 6645 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks just joined and though that I would spread the word about winter riding, . . . . wet roads and DIESEL do not mix, in case you did not know!!!!

Managed to high side my Divi at fairly low speed on some diesel left by taxi cabs turning at a rank. Luckily only bent tha bars and smashed an indicator, main cost was a new helmet, as the last thing I saw was the roof of a parked car before hitting the street. . . . . . . live and learn.. live and learn. :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum Beard

Sorry to hear of your accident...but it sounds like you've learned something from it, which to me is most important....outside of NOT getting physically hurt of course. ;)

Cheers folk, back out on the bike today for a short run, roads round my way were full of farmers spreading manure, so had to keep my wits about me, but will keep my skills honed till the dry stuff returns. B)

Wet roads and DIESEL do not mix, in case you did not know!!!!

FYI...Anti-Freeze isn't any better either! :unsure:

Glad your still here to tell about it. ;)

mate good to see your o.k, at least it gives you an excuse to go and buy a new lid. by the way i like the positive outlook.

• Admin

Theres a roundabout near when i live in shoreham, which has a taxi rank one side and a tesco petrol station the other....

It is allways soo dangerous on a bike round there, as you get all the dick head taxi drivers filling their diesels up to the absolute brim then when they go round the round about it pisses out of the side and drips on the tarmac....

And then when the police decide that its dangerously dirty they cover it all in sand and fecking leave it there!!!! :pissed-off:

Tralala. It was a wonderful Tuesday with a thirty mile blind to get to work. HAH! I had reckoned without the road surface. Leaving aside the wonderful tyre squirming sensation of salt on damp roads that is the joy of British winter biking, about five of the miles on the run in were covered in a diesel slick. I think fuel is too cheap; it must be if so many people throw it away. <_<

Just got me a diesel car to shift the family round..... think I'll drill a hole in the bottom of the fuel tank. No-one will notice round here.

I noticed the other day that Morrisons car parks arent very grippy either, high sided my 02 R6 turning onto the black icy car park last week and nearly broke my leg, no real damage though but I remember saying the very same thing 'Live and Learn'. Glad you're ok too matey

Glad your alright mate. I had a close call about this time last year. Went for a quick ride one afternoon and i thought i'd warm the bike up before a spirited ride, so after about 5 miles or so of sweeping roads i thought i was about set. I entred a roundabout at about 20mph with the intention of exiting on the last exit but either i hit some diesal or the tyres just weren't up to temp and i manged to slide the bake end out while my knee was cm's off the floor. To the cars behind it must have looked like i was showing off as i driffted the back end into the exit, but on board i was shitting myself.

• Admin

Always remember almost coming off my bike just after the rear section had been resprayed... typical council workers covering a bend in sand!!!! :angry:

B) Ccheers for the replies folk, out again today and found this strange stuff under my tyres . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . DRY TARMAC yippeeeeeeeee, summers not that far.

:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online