My RD250LC Project

stevecarpy
This post is 3509 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I love building engines,they're expensive to do though.

you not opt for straight cut gearing on the clutch?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

To be honest I just want to rebuild it. I'm not matching ports or anything like that, expense is one reason even though I bought the billet clutch basket. A bog standard 250LC is performance enough for me these days being an old fart lol. In the 80's I had a hyper tuned 350LC which was frightening but needed a crank rebuild every 7000 miles and dropped out of tune in the blink of an eye. If I remember rightly it had a Terry Beckett stage 3 tune.

To be honest I just want to rebuild it. I'm not matching ports or anything like that, expense is one reason even though I bought the billet clutch basket. A bog standard 250LC is performance enough for me these days being an old fart lol. In the 80's I had a hyper tuned 350LC which was frightening but needed a crank rebuild every 7000 miles and dropped out of tune in the blink of an eye. If I remember rightly it had a Terry Beckett stage 3 tune.

I had a Beckett tuned 350lc in the early 90's, I got it from a mate after it had its second melt down. re-bored, skimmed heads and had crank rebuilt with new rods, lightened and balanced by a bike shop that used to race them at the time and fitted a set of race only pipes and mixed the 2K myself, first time I rode it I thought It was a death trap and they should be banned lol. didn't end good for me or the bike I'm afraid, but was fun whilst it lasted, the shop that did the crank work bought the bike for the engine for there race bike, in my opinion the only place safe for it. Ill never forget the first time I gave it some beans and a saw the rev needle fly into the red and out the other side. :spin2:

can anyone from the north east remember it, it had the Cult of Elsie across the top of the tank in orange, bike was all black (I didn't do it).

• 2 months later...

Look forward to seeing this bike complete. No updates yet?

Georgen " thers the N/E rd club up your way,,, they have a big meet at Bishop Auckland [ rugby club] Aug, they would know of that bike,

• 2 months later...

Where`s the rest of this?..would really like to see how this bike came out.