My RD250LC Project

stevecarpy
This post is 3509 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thought I'd start a post about my attempts at rebuilding my LC.

First off the garage needed a bit of clearing, spot the LC half way down on the right hand side.

1371675316054.jpg

Cleared a space at the bottom end of the garage and made a shelf out of an old wardrobe and dug out the crankcases

LC1.jpg

LC2.jpg

LC3.jpg

The cases have been taken to Everything But Bikes in Chester for cleaning and I should pick them up Friday.

It's a start on a long journey

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cool steve,finding the rd in the first picture was like find waldo you know it there but where?

We never got the 250s just the 350's do the 350 barrels not fit the 250 bottem end? With this big of a project why not fit the 350 T/E

Cool steve,finding the rd in the first picture was like find waldo you know it there but where?

We never got the 250s just the 350's do the 350 barrels not fit the 250 bottem end? With this big of a project why not fit the 350 T/E

350 top ends cost an absolute fortune over here so for now I'll stick with the 250. The only major mod I planning on doing is twin discs up front, I've got a pair of RGV250 4-pot Tokicos that will be fitted in time.

Yes, the cases are being vapour blasted as they were really manky. I'm not aiming for a pristine restoration as I want to ride it not treat it like a museum exhibit so things will only be done if really necessary.

Looks like this is gunna be a corker. With regards to the 350 barrels, could you not see if they are cheaper to get them over the pond? but spose if you keep it as close to stock as possible your be able to sell it better if you do so in the future.

Good luck with it

Anti frezze is a nessary here drew its raining and the ice wont melt outa the lane ,,it's been over +4 for 20 hrs and you can still lace up your skates and go out for a skate if you like the ground is frozen soild most likely till march 30th

Picked up the crankcases and fair play they look really good, cost me 50 quid. Was quoted 75 quid to do the head and barrels but that seemed a bit steep to me plus I'm skint lol. Anyways, here are the piccies

20140110_164907.jpg

20140110_164849.jpg

20140110_164839.jpg

20140110_164825.jpg

20140110_164738.jpg

20140110_164642.jpg

Those look lovely. :thumb:

its great vapour blasting. Its very time consuming hence the price.

At least the cases are done as barrels can be easily sorted via the dishwasher :eusa_whistle:

its great vapour blasting. Its very time consuming hence the price.

At least the cases are done as barrels can be easily sorted via the dishwasher :eusa_whistle:

I'v not known many wives who will wash barrels :biglaugha: Cases came out nice

In between working this morning and shopping in the afternoon I managed to do a bit of searching around the house.

Found this front mudguard on top of one of my boys wardrobes covered in dust

20140112_175159.jpg

All this stuff came out of a bag in one of my wardrobes

Shiny brake pedal

20140112_175218.jpg

Gudgeon pins

20140112_180030.jpg

Engine seal kit and stainless head bolts

20140112_180102.jpg

Full rebuild kit for 2 RGV250 Tokico calipers

20140112_175836.jpg

Also found a good condition rad. I know I've got a set of piston rings somewhere but god knows where.

I like the idea of putting the barrels etc in the dishwasher but I haven't got one, it's me :-(