Posting Images

stevecarpy
This post is 3732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I want to start a topic in the projects forum but when I try to post a photo from photobucket nothing happens, literally. I copy the IMG code but when I control and V or right click and paste nothing comes in.

Any thoughts, thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When you click on the 'get links' copy the 'direct' then back on your post run the cursor over the image icon (below and to the left of the smiley icon). Paste in the url box and click ok. You should then see the picture in your post. Finally click post

• Like 1

sorry mate, I had just posted a couple of pics, so it was fresh in my mind

what I do is copy the img bit in photobucket and then manually put the img tags in

Hi

I don’t have a photo account but I am on FB, I don’t have to tell the world what I had for lunch, but I do upload many pictures to it for friends and family to view. I have found if I select an image from one of my albums and ‘left clic on the image, in the small box that appears one of the options is to copy image location, I just open the YOC’s photo option in the reply window and paste the copied location into the url box,

I have now idea if this is a correct way or the best way of doing it but it works for me,

599718_4038417057620_1232040429_n.jpg

I think we need to determine if your copy and paste isn't working or if it is just the technique you are using. Have a look here;

Does this help?

The forum uses BB code so brackets should only be the square type like this [ ]

The link for the picture should end in something like .jpg .bmp .gif .png

Can you enter the link manually or via word or notebook

I don't use photobucket or the likes however if I use one of my pictures the code I would use is

http://www.numan.biz/fz8/fz801.JPG

Now we need to tell the forum that this is an image so we use BB image tags which look like this

[img]http://www.numan.biz/fz8/fz801.JPG[/img]

We can do this manually by just typing in the above with the bit in between the ] [ showing location of your image or we can make it easy by looking at the box we enter our posts into and below and slightly to the left of the smiley we have a small image icon. If we click that a box will open and we just put the web address of the picture in it and it creates the image tags for us. It should give us this;

fz801.JPG

If you try both methods and the picture appears then you are cutting the wrong text or your cut shortcut isn't working on your pc.

If you try the same after getting the address of one of your photos, you should be there. Try copying the link into word and then the forum or into a different tab in your browser.

I hope this helps

I have been trying for years to get it right and when the site droped my avatar days ago I had to re do it and the url didn't work from pbucket kept saying that the link couldn't be contacted,,I had to use the direct link.2nd option of the 4. on pbucket

Like thishttp://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s426/phil1200/014compresed.jpg it worked to get my avatar up but I still cant get photos to post in a thread from pbucket.

Hi, thanks for the replies. The problem seems to be I can't paste anything into the dialogue box for some reason

You are going to need to be a little more specific than that.

When you click the picture icon (below and to the left of the smiley), do you get a pop up box called "image properties"? If all of the top icons are greyed out click the very top icon on the left that looks like a switch.

there seem's to be a few different ways of doing this some may not work for all. the way I do it is

on photobucket click on library & move cursor over picture you want to post, a small gray kog will appear in the top right corner of the pic, click on it then click on share then click links then click img which is at the bottom of the list then return here to your post and paste it in with your text, job done

Well tickel me pink and slap my ass it worked I just couldnt see it untill I hit POSTe8f58bb5-d0d9-4637-8d02-2a5fc88f55c6.jpg

so ove course I have to do it againg just to see if it was a 1 time thing

Just for you drew not sure if you call them flat or notImageProxy.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online